PDA

View Full Version : Lake Meridian 5/9/10

CaterpillarKing
05-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Hit lake Meridian for a few hours in the morning with little success. Hooked one Koke that was full of pi$$ and vinegar and popped off after a nice battle. Also picked up a little rainbow. I don't have a fish finder so I was running blind at 25-35 feet.
I have the 2 pole option on my license so I was one man in a boat with 2 poles on 2 downriggers. Not exactly relaxing trying to manage all that gear but it was doable.
My truck almost wen swimming while I was loading the boat. I need to tighten the E-brake! I was on the trailer bouncing around trying to get the boat lined up and the truck started rolling backwards into the lake!! The pipes had just gotten under the water as I jumped in the front seat and peeled out in the gravel to get back up on dry land. That will get your adrenaline running for sure.

Kokanee Kid
05-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Nice to get out tho. How big are the kokes up there?

CaterpillarKing
05-11-2010, 12:54 AM
all the ones I ever catch are 10 inchers. Good to just be out on the water though.

smokin' Kokes
05-11-2010, 07:51 AM
think about a plastic wheel chock. i keep one on the dash when i'm boating/fishing. throw it under the left front when i bail out to launch. easy to pickup before i pull out the launch. saved my bacon more than once with an automatic that liked to jump out of park.

saw a $200,000 motor home go in the salt water drink to the bottom at LaConner several years ago launching his yacht

his wife did lots of screaming in the MH as it rolled down the ramp and into the saltchuck, she finally got out, still screaming her head off. she was still screaming at the top of her lungs when they pulled her ashore.

gonna try the 2 Pole Polish Fire drill this year. should be interesting 20ft windcatcher boat by myself. haven't run over anyone yet with the boat fishing only 1 pole. may occur when both poles fire off on a double.tooexcited 2 signfishin

Hit lake Meridian for a few hours in the morning with little success. Hooked one Koke that was full of pi$$ and vinegar and popped off after a nice battle. Also picked up a little rainbow. I don't have a fish finder so I was running blind at 25-35 feet.
I have the 2 pole option on my license so I was one man in a boat with 2 poles on 2 downriggers. Not exactly relaxing trying to manage all that gear but it was doable.
My truck almost wen swimming while I was loading the boat. I need to tighten the E-brake! I was on the trailer bouncing around trying to get the boat lined up and the truck started rolling backwards into the lake!! The pipes had just gotten under the water as I jumped in the front seat and peeled out in the gravel to get back up on dry land. That will get your adrenaline running for sure.