PDA

View Full Version : American Lake 5/1/2010

eenakoK
05-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I finally was able to take my boat out for the first time since I have gotten it. I had a feeling that the fishing would be kind of slow because of the weather.. I went out with my dad and two boys. The wind was brutal out there, it was a matter of drifting with the wind and picking up and run to start another drift. We did catch 4 6 inch fish (all released)

The kids had a blast and we it was good to get the boat out for a shakedown cruise. This is the start of a weekly trip out. I am hoping we will have better weather/success next week.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Anerucan%20512010/DSC07455.jpg

They had a good time and that is all that matters!!

smokin' Kokes
05-01-2010, 04:36 PM
great post
the smiles tell it all.
kids and fishing are made for each other
you're a very lucky blessed dad.

MackPrince
05-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Fish in the cooler or not. Kids having fun with dad is worth it every time!101props101

eenakoK
05-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments.. They are already asking about next week.. thumbsup

Kokefly
05-01-2010, 07:31 PM
i fished it last friday not much showing on the finder, didnt see anyone else knocking them dead, hopefully it will pick up. Jim

eenakoK
05-01-2010, 07:38 PM
i fished it last friday not much showing on the finder, didnt see anyone else knocking them dead, hopefully it will pick up. Jim

I wasn't expecting too much, I talked to the guys at Sportco and they said that it had been really slow with a bad algae bloom that is early this year. I just wanted to get my new (to me) boat out on the water. If you ever see a red starcraft with a couple of rambunctious kids, say hello. We will be out probably every Saturday from here out..
Good luck to you out there!

Kokanee Kid
05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Right on brother! It was good to get the boat out and run it thru sea trials anyway. By the way, awsome looking fishfinder thumbsup

And very soon for you...............................signfishin