PDA

View Full Version : Southern Colorado

tortuga
04-30-2010, 01:34 PM
We are doing a trip from Sonora, CA through Flaming Gorge then to Denver to see my son then back home to Northern NM (Chama) then to Navajo Lake then back to CA. My question is: Where in southern CO can we fish for kokes between Denver and the Chama area? (basically south of Pagosa Springs). We'll be there late June or early July.
Thanks
Tortuga

bobco
04-30-2010, 02:19 PM
take 285 south out of Denver and hit 11 mile, kokes are making a come back and hopefully it will be a good year up there, has nice sized kokes. u can then head south on 285 over poncha pass to the SLV. Blue mesa is probably out of your way, Navajo and Vallacito has kokes also but not a real hot spot....there is a lake in northern NM Angel fire that has kokes also so from what I have heard. sounds like allot of miles!!

tortuga
05-05-2010, 03:10 PM
We figure about 3000 miles by the end. Our land is next to Heron and there are a lot of kokes there, and I've fished Vallecito for pike a few years ago. The southern end of Navajo (near the dam)has a big population of kokes up to 18"...we were there 2 years ago. Thanks for the info on 11 mile. We will probably check it out.
I get a little excited about the trip every time I talk about it...it's our dream trip!
Tortuga

froggie
05-05-2010, 10:21 PM
That lake near Angel Fire is called Eagle Nest. We've been there, that's where we first fished for kokes, but that was about 14-16 years ago.
Froggie