PDA

View Full Version : need a fish finder recommendation

CaterpillarKing
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Last year I accidentally caught a Kokanee at my local lake and I have targeted them ever since. I outfitted my boat with 2 downriggers, Cannon lake mini-troll which I like a lot and the small scotty as well. Anyhow, I had success since day one with the downriggers but now I would like to get a relatively inexpensive fish finder. It's really more so that I can see the depth of the water than find the fish.
Can anyone suggest a good unit? Also some to stay away from. Thanks, I haven't been out yet this year but I got the boat all ready the other day so I'll be out as soon as I find some time.

MackPrince
04-29-2010, 12:18 AM
I settled on a Eagle Cuda 245DS last year. It is inexpensive and gives plenty of bottom detail for being under $100.

What's your price range? That will definitely impact what features you can have.
-Mack

skookum9
04-29-2010, 02:41 AM
I too settle on the cheap but I got the Eagle 320C. It doesn't have some of the fancier features of the really nice units but I just love the color display, it's visible no matter the lighting conditions, and it only retails for about $150. MackPrince is right, first you must choose a price range to stay within. What is relatively inexpensive to one may not be so to another. It takes me a long time to earn Ben Franklin's so it doesn't take very many of them to put me in the poor house.

CaterpillarKing
04-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the reccomendations. I'd like to stay around $100. I'm gussing they don't get much cheaper than $100.