PDA

View Full Version : Weather Terms

Bduck
04-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Utah has some of the wierdest weather. When ever a storm comes off the deserts of Nevada and the west desert of Utah, the high winds stir up so much dust, that it will mix into the atmosphere when it rains. 'Raining dirt' is a common occurence. When you wash your vehicle clean and it rains dirt, your vehicle looks worse than what it was before you washed it. Another term I have seen used is when dirt mixes with snow you get 'snirt'. 101thumbsdown101 And then when it comes off of the salt flats mixing in with snow, the term is known as 'snalt'. 101thumbsdown101 If you own a white vehicle like I do, 'snalt' blends in but you do have to go wash it off. I noticed that my smaller BBQer ash pan was blown clean overnight from the high winds we just had and now its snowing. So, I think someone is getting a little 'snash'. laugh hyst Is there any wierd weather terminology from your area you can share?

DLM
04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
We have something here they call sunshine but I have not seen it very often..................

SeaDog
08-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh! You poor Guys!

Here in New England we have the best Wx in all the US!
Don't Belive Me -> Read ON!!!!!101wave2101

1. We don't burn-up, mud slide, or rock and roll like California.
2. The Northwest (Oregon/Washington) hardley ever see the Sun, because it rains so much.
3. The Southwest -> Well they're drying up and running out of Water.
4. The Gulf Coast (Texas, La, Miss, Al, and Florida) -> One word HURRICANES!
5. Midwest -> Floods, T-storms, Hail storms, Ice storms, High winds, TORNADOES!
6. Southeast -> Everything the Midwest gets with the addtion of bugs, snakes and gators!

7. New England (6 states) -> Sit east of the Appalachian Mountains.
All the heavy snow (Lake effect) falls on Buffalo and Pa. before it reaches us.
Very moderate Wx, with nice blend of rain and sunshine.
No need to run AC except the dog days of summer.
4 wonderful seasons to enjoy (Fall is my favorite) and because this is the oldest part of the country, you can't drive 10 minutes "ANYWHERE" without running into something Historic.
(In winter -> We have sking, snowmobiling, ice fishing, all kinds of events taking place -> here in Ct. I'm a 2 hour drive to either N.Y. City or Boston -> Can take in events, go shopping, see theater plays, (dinner -> New England Seafood is World Reknown!!!!), etc. etc. and still be home the same day!)

Note: This would be Paradise if it wasn't for the TAXES! SUCKS!!!!!!! and we had bigger Kokes to fish for!!!!

Best regards,nananana -> LOL!!!!!!!!
SeaDog