PDA

View Full Version : missing downrigger

BlueBack79
04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
so we headed up to the peak yesterday morning and when we got there, i noticed my cannon downrigger was gone! last place we saw it was at the downtown winco around 6:45am. we backtracked and could not find it. if anyone happened to find it, please pm me. at least it wasnt my penn. must have slid right out of the base.

SuperD
04-25-2010, 10:33 AM
That sucks! Was it a manual or an electric? If it was a manual, maybe it was a sign it was time to upgrade. LOL!

hoolee99
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
yes that is a bad deal, look to craigslist to see if it might come up on there.

MMDON
04-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry for your loss!

They can come unbolted so easy it always amazes me people don't buy locks or safety chain them.

BlueBack79
04-25-2010, 12:22 PM
it was a manual. the base is still there, must have slid out. the good news is, when i got home, the scotty 1116 i bought off craigslist was sitting by my front door!

gonefishing
04-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I know it is a pain and the extra work is tiresome at the end of the day, But I take my down riggers off the boat, put them in a special canvas bag that I bought for them, and lock them in the back seat of my pick-up. Just a safty deal.

They are expesive to replace, as we all know. It only takes a couple of minutes to put them back on when I am ready to use them.

I always worry about parking the boat in a store parking lot. I don't want to come out and find them gone on my way out to go fishing.

Glad your Scotty showed up in the just in time. If you leave them on the boat, a safty chain and pad lock is not a bad idea. I am working on how to do that to mine just for short trips from my house to the local fishing hole.

BlueBack79
04-25-2010, 02:26 PM
the scotty will not stay on the boat! the manuals were light enough i didnt worry too much. guess i should have. oh well. it came with the boat, so it doesnt hurt too bad. live and learn.

redmanjr1
06-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I know it is a pain and the extra work is tiresome at the end of the day, But I take my down riggers off the boat, put them in a special canvas bag that I bought for them, and lock them in the back seat of my pick-up. Just a safty deal.

Gonefishing,
What type of bag do you use. Like a sports duffle bag or something else? I'd like to find a good bag for mine as well.

Thanks,
Bob