PDA

View Full Version : Boat stolen from Yakima home...

Mojo
04-23-2010, 11:10 AM
A buddy from another fishing forum had his boat stolen fron his house. If you see this unique sled please contact law enforcement authorities. Here is his post from Steelheader.net with a picture...

"Came home from work today to find someone had backed down my driveway in Yakima and stole my 21ft Alumaweld Super Vee Pro. I don't know if they took it to part it out or if they just REALLY needed to do some springer fishing. Anyway if all of you who fish Drano, the Wind and the other areas of the NW could please keep an eye out I would be very appreciative. It is a 2002 White 1/2 paint. What makes this boat a little unique is that the big motor is a Mercury 250HP two stroke blue stripe (saltwater). I've not seen many, if any boats the year and color of mine with a 250HP on them. It is also equipped with a 9.9HP kicker. It also only has two of the four seats mounted in it. Thanks for your help."

Mojo
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
If you see this boat, please call the police. Also please let me know via this site if you see it, and where the police are headed to arrest the guy. Mike is beyond upset. It was his dream boat.

onlychild
04-23-2010, 03:18 PM
good luck guys thats just got to make you sick

Mojo
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Why was this buried in the off topic forum? This is a hot issue for a guy that spent his life savings to buy his dream boat and it was stolen from him. I would think it should be posted where it would get the most views for a week or two. By the way it was reportedly seen in Portland yesterday. Please post his back and possibly to the Oregon forum as well...at least for a few day to get some visibilty.

Thanks,

Mojo

smokin' Kokes
04-24-2010, 05:42 PM
have you tried posting in the boat section of craigslist?

just had a travel trailer ripped off here, same MO.

Mojo
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Police are watching Craigs list as it is a common place for crooks to dump things.

Mojo
05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Here is the story. The main motor was recovered a week or so ago in Portland from a Craig's List ad. The guy selling it was arrested, but would not tell where any of the other stuff was. The other day the boat and trailer were found in an apple orchard near Yakima. It was stripped of all valuables, but was not badly damaged. He should be up and fishing again in it soon...

HiTechKoke
05-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Tks for the update and glad to hear somebody got busted!

skookum9
05-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the update on this. I'm sorry that your friend lost the valuables that he lost but very glad that he at least got his boat, motor and trailer back. I'm glad the cops caught the guy, and he's probably a lot better off than had one of us fishermen caught him. I wish there were a way to make sure this sort of thing didn't happen again, without having to eliminate every individual who is caught. I hope your friend has an enjoyable rest of the year and gets to enjoy plenty of fishing.

Bduck
05-24-2010, 01:05 PM
With the tougher economic times, its going to bring out more thieves. I hope I'm never put into any situation like that. Glad someone has to pay the price for stealing. Bubba awaits hims.