PDA

View Full Version : kokaneekid has arrived

kokaneekid
04-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone my dad said I needed to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Jeremy Jahn, and I have been fishing for salmon, and steelhead for years, but I’m getting tired of my dad having smoked fish every time I turn around. So my wife bought me some downriggers and I’m going to learn a few tricks from the old man, and start fishing of Kokanee. My dad doesn’t know he’s way around a computer, but he’s damn good with the fishing pole. So I’m going to help him with the computer and he’s going to help me with my “Kokanee Game.” I’m planning on sharing some good pictures and great stories during the fishing seasons. I’m ready to prefect my fishing skills and I’m thinking about entering a few Kokanee tournaments. I have all the right equipment, and I’m ready for it to start producing some fish. I might even end up with some smoked fish if I’m lucky. If not I guess I can always just get some from my dad. I can see already that this forum is going to be a great tool because of all the great people and information at my finger tips. I’m looking forward to sharing information with all my fishing brothers and sisters.

Thanks kokaneekid

MackPrince
04-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the forum.
-Mack

eenakoK
04-22-2010, 03:47 AM
101welcomw
Looks like you are all set and ready to go! I look forward to seeing your reports and pictures!

skookum9
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Glad to see you aboard, kokaneekid. What waters are you likely to pursue your kokanee quest upon? I see that you are from Salem so there is a chance I may see you out there some day. Since you've gone to the effort of the downrigger I can only assume that you are a troller, am I correct? I'm typically a spring-time surface jigger but I fish any way it takes to get those tasty little things in the skillet. Good luck and I hope to see you out there.

SilverBullets
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Welcome aboard Jeremy... looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures. 101welcomw

Bduck
04-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Welcome aboard kokaneekid 101welcomw Thats a real good trade off with your dad. You got the best fishing buddy there you could ever have. thumbsup

crjahn
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
nice post SON, an welcome to this fourm where some of the best kokanee fisherman in the world hang out. I moved on from the numbers game a long time ago, what good is it to catch em all? It's the people you meet, the friends you make and the memories that you share with those along the way that will last. Truly I am blessed to have my son want to share and give back to a passion I've had for a long time. Bduck said it best and only someone who truely knows gives that advice about a fishing buddy. Fish On

Kokehead
04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard kokaneekid.
Knowlage is best SHARED. My dad has been the biggest factor in most of my angling knowlage. Growing up flyfishing with him and taught me everything I know about the game, now I can give back to him about all the sockeye tangling that I've learned throughout the past 15 years. As he as gotten up there in yeears, he can't fish the rivers like he used to so he has converted to boat trolling. I woulden't trade any of the "sharing of knowlage" for anything. He is my favorite partner and best friend.

Kokanee Killer
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
welcome to the showtongue2

Kokonuts
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the forum! You'll meet a ot of good people here! 101chromefish101......Kokonuts

gonefishing
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Welcome Kokanee kid. I have been at it for 5 years now and when I became part of this forum, I learned alot about what I didn't know. This forum is a great resource for informaion. Hard on the pocket book, but what the heck, it's fun!

Your insights will be very welcome here becuase we are all in the tell me more mode when it comes to learning more on how to catch these critters. Don't forget pictures. They a very much appreciated. Welcome to fishing for salmon and without getting sea sick!tongue2 Except at the Gorge!stomper

Looking forward to someawesomereport....S

froggie
04-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey, gotta add "...and sisters" cuz I'll be posting & reading too.
Froggie

kokaneekid
05-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Hey, gotta add "...and sisters" cuz I'll be posting & reading too.
Froggie

I hope that I didn’t offend you or any other “Sisters” that might visit this site. I still view you as my “brother” kind of like a Mailman, Policeman, Fireman or Milkman. I might not have the politically correct thing down yet but if you like to fish and you are into Kokanee than you’re my “BROTHER”. Obama can’t even change that. I did change my post just too keep you on my good side. You have some great pictures on your home page keep up the good work.

Fish on kokaneekid