PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa

gon troln
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Well we were on the water about 6:45 and motored out to the usual areas, skiers, big island and back. Long story short the bite was very slow. Some how I missed the morning bite. I didn't get bit until about 12:00, then it was three in a row then nothing for the rest of the day, off the water about 2:45. Lots of bass boat ripping around as there was a bass tourney. Still allot of alge around. Should not be long, now we need for some sun shine for a couple weeks.

SuperD
04-19-2010, 03:49 PM
I saw T-Roy posted he had 10 fish in less than 2 hours again this past week. He must have a Pied Pipers Flute. LOL. If the Berryessa bite takes much longer to materialize for us common folk, I'll be in my next stage of lakes to fish.

gon troln
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
LOL yeah I saw his post too. I guess thats why he's a guide! I think I would starve if I was a guide LOL

Bduck
04-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Its amazing that I remember Lake Berryessa as a play lake back in the 70's for swimming, skiing, and lots of parties. I was in the Air Force back then stationed at Travis AFB. Never got many fishing reports then but at that time who cared, not me. Most of the fishing reports I heard came from that area was Putah Creek below Montecello Dam. I would think it still gets saturation of people during the summer but the fishing that goes on there is awesome. signfishin

HiTechKoke
04-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Tks for the report.... it seems it has been hit or miss for a lot of people but it is still pretty early and us Kalyfornians just aren't used to fishing anything less than 30 feet. T-Roy seems to have it dialed for sure along with a few others.

gon troln
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
With the closure of 90% of the facilities at Berryessa, it has cut down on the amount of partying. There are still allot of skiers during the summer though, it can be a mad house. Ahhhh the 70's, I did fish below the damn allot. drifting salmon eggs and worms and usually did pretty good.

Old School
04-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanx for the report Gon Troln.

If the wind cooperates this weekend I will be out for my first trip.

Old School

Kokeaddict
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Its amazing that I remember Lake Berryessa as a play lake back in the 70's for swimming, skiing, and lots of parties. I was in the Air Force back then stationed at Travis AFB. Never got many fishing reports then but at that time who cared, not me. Most of the fishing reports I heard came from that area was Putah Creek below Montecello Dam. I would think it still gets saturation of people during the summer but the fishing that goes on there is awesome. signfishin

I hear you on the lake being really busy for skiers and party'ers and the like. I still find it one of the best lakes to fish even when it's windy and lots of boat activity. The fish don't seem to mind at all.thumbsup

Jayson
05-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Hmm..its nice to see and read your report..I am also planning to go out for my first trip..wish me luck guys :D