PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake, NV 4-15 to 4/18

SuperD
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I left in caravan with one of my buddies for our annual Spring party at Pyramid Lake on Thursday morning. We had camp set up and were on the water by about 1:00 p.m. We fished for 3 hours and had 6 fish to the boat. With our fishing appetites wetted, we headed in for some afternoon cocktails.

Friday morning we were on the water by 6:15 a.m. and had the first Cutt to the boat in about 10 minutes. A nice male that my buddy, Frank caught as we were leaving the ramp. Friday was a real spreadout scratch bite but we managed 12 fish by about 2:30 and decided to call it a day, again in favor of some cold afternoon beverages.

Saturday, my wife and her girlfriend got up at 2:45 a.m. to drive up and meet me at camp to fish with me for the day. The pressure was on for me to put some fish in the boat for them. We got the skunk off real quick again but then it went dead for a while as I chose some unproductive water to try. Once I got the good intel from the rest of the group, the fish switch was flipped on. We managed to land about 20 in the next 3 hours. Many doubles and a triple to help boost the count. You will see a picture of a bird that dove one of the fish my wife's girlfriend was fighting and started a tug of war. That was definite video material. Since the girls had gotten up so early to make the drive, we didn't stay out till about 2:00 and headed in so they could catch a nap. Weather was great, the fishing was great as was the food and company. Great trip!

SuperD
04-18-2010, 06:06 PM
More Pictures:

SuperD
04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Last of the pictures:

This picture shows what my hottest lure for the trip was. I named it the 49er lure for its red and gold color like the S.F. 49ers uniforms. It slayed!

Bduck
04-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Nice going Dave. Might have to try the 49er lure at the Gorge next weekend. BTW, I like afternoon cocktails. 101cheers101

HiTechKoke
04-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Nice fish and report. Someday I will have to do Pyramid. The fact that your wife got up that early to meet you is amazing in itself!

Full_Monte
04-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes, Pyramid is on my bucket list, too. Thanks for the report!