PDA

View Full Version : Wickiup & Odell

Lip Ripper
04-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Has any body been up by Wickiup or Odell lately? I was wondering how it looks for the opening if there is much snow. 101chromefish101

Fish-On Fred
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Has any body been up by Wickiup or Odell lately? I was wondering how it looks for the opening if there is much snow. 101chromefish101

You can check TripCheck and see Willamette Pass road and conditions. Call Shelter Cove Resort for O'Dell. State Police/County offices might give ya info. Twin Lakes Resort for Wickiup.....Good Luck, Fred

Fallriverguy
04-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I can't speak for Odell, but Wickiup should basically be snow free.

Lip Ripper
04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info.
I did check with the Odell Lodge and they said the boat launch was open. He also said that the camping area was was some thing else, so there must be snow there. But he said with the warm weather the snow should go fast. I am going to call the Twin Lakes lodge today and check over there. I plan on going to Wickiup, I have never fished it on the opening. thumbsup

Fallriverguy
04-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Be prepared for a lot of activity at the boat ramps. It is pretty crazy opening day as everybody is trying to get out before first light for first crack at the browns.

skookum9
04-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Yep, and a fair number of us that are racing out to beat first light for the koke's. Have only experienced this once but one year many of the koke's were choked up in the Deschutes arm and the fishing was awesome. Never seen it like that since but it's worth the chance of trying it. Everyone talks up the Davis arm and I know they are there but I've yet to do very well there. I have also seen some dandies coming from the Goose Island and the dam areas. But I find fishing there to be more than a little difficult due to the winds and the rough waters. Still hoping to be one of those in line at the ramp on opening morning but not so sure it's going to happen this year. Best of luck to those who get to go.

Lip Ripper
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I know it is pretty busy on Saturday morning, so I launch my boat Friday after noon. I go out scouting for the Kokanee Friday so I have a idea Saturday morning where to go, that doesn't mean they will still be there tho. As far as the Browns go I don't fish them and if I do catch one I turn it loose. Hope to see some of you up there on the opening.

17' Olympic Almond color tan top with a 50 HP Yamaha. thumbsup