PDA

View Full Version : A Campfire Story

Bduck
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Have you ever had the piss scared out of you? About 6yrs ago on a fall night, there was a slight breeze blowing. Just got home from work at 1am, it was very dark, there was no moon clear skies, no street lights and my wife forgot to turn on the outside lights. I parked my truck on the street in front of my house and when I got out, I locked my truck as normal. Then all of a sudden I heard something like it was running down the street towards me. It was getting louder as it was coming closer. All I could think of is what the hell is this coming? 101shock1101 All I had in my hand was my lunch bucket which was like a soft tackle bag. This is my weapon. It kept getting closer and louder. Man, I don't even have a clue what is coming. I can't even get to my truck keys fast enough to get back in the truck. Now I'm in this full scale protection mode with a cold chill going down my spine. As it came upon me, a vehicle came around a corner from a distance and I saw that it was just a single dry leaf tumbling down the street. Wow, its amazing how the imagination got away from me with that. A cold chill down my spine, defensive mode, and oh yes wet pants or at least it seemed like it. t4luil laugh hyst What is your campfire story?

SuperD
04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Gee Roger, a day and a half and nobody has responded. I guess they aren't as willing to embarrass themselves as your were. Shows you're a real man! Myself, I've opened the thread a number of times to tell a story about one of my more stupid moments but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.

Bduck
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't mind sharing embarrasing, stupid moments. We all live them daily. It gets more fun around the ole' campfire with a few drinks under the belt. I guess I'll have to wait for that.

SmokeOnTheWater
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I'll save mine for the KFF MG&E if you remind me.

Bduck
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Gee Roger, a day and a half and nobody has responded. I guess they aren't as willing to embarrass themselves as your were. Shows you're a real man! Myself, I've opened the thread a number of times to tell a story about one of my more stupid moments but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.

Yep, a couple of days go buy and there are no good embarrassing stories to tell. 101horse101

SilverBullets
04-14-2010, 12:04 PM
It was a cloudy rainy day back in the late sixties. My brother and I were inside the house when mom says's "listen, I think I heard something!" Now when she says that you pay attention...she's like a bloodhound when it comes to her hearing and sense of smell. As we listened, there was a noise comeing from under the house...some sort of monster!
My brother and I decided since dad was at work, we were the men of the house and had to protect it! We got the dog, the gun (BB gun), and a flashlight and headed outside to the crawl space to gain access underneth the house. The dog didn't want any part of this madness, and stayed outside the opening (it was a smart dog.)
As the great white hunters (my brother and I) headed in to confront the quarry, I held the flashlight and my brother had the weapon. We crawled around under there not seeing anything. We got quite aways in when all of a sudden we heard a loud growling noise. As I rotated the beam of light towards the back corner of the house there it was! It looked like some sort of demon!! It had big eyes and teeth!!
Now as you might expect it scared the holy crap out of me! I turned around and bolted for the door!! I forgot in all the excitement that my brother was still in there with the devil creature and I was outside holding the flashlight! I guess from all his screaming he was a little scared because it was pitch black and he had no idea where to aim the BB gun (what a wimp, huh?.) As I came to my senses I shined the light back in there long enough for him to get the heck out of there.
After going back in the house to change our shorts, we decided to re-think our strategy.
This time around we made a trap outside the crawl space door to confront the monster. As we waited on the porch from above, it was finally lured into the trap and held captive! From what a neighbor said it appeared to be some sort of mountain beaver. We took it into the near by woods and let it go...hoping it never returned to reek havoc on our home again. It was an experiance I'll never forget. My brother and I stood tall that day...we came, we saw, we conquered!

DLM
04-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Not my story, but told to us by my cousin Donny, who is gone now but was without a doubt the best story teller I have ever met.

Donny was in elk camp with a few other fellows that had hunted together for many years. They were all sharing a travel trailer and during the night had consumed a good deal of adult beverage, which was not uncommon with this group.

During the night Donny had a call of nature. With the weather outside being what it was he decided to use the bathroom in the trailer. He quietly made his way to the back of the trailer, working his way past the other sleeping hunters and not turning on the lights so as not to disturb them.

Donny said he did not turn on the light in the bathroom either as there was considerable moon light, but he did shut the door. I must tell you here that Donny was not a small guy, but the bathroom as is the case with most rv bathrooms, was on the small side.

So Donny is standing at the toilet getting rid of some beer while out of the corner of his eye he spots something furry on the counter next to the sink. With only the moonlight for illumination and the residual adult beverage in his system, Donny cannot make out exactly what the critter is.

As with most camping trips in travel trailers the bathtub becomes a storage area as it was that night. Luckily, there were no firearms stored there. Donny said that he slowly looked around for a weapon and spotted the bottom half of a fishing pole in the bathtube. Every slow slowly he moved his free hand (remember, his other had was busy) over until he got hold of the fishing pole. In one quick movement he swung and started giving the critter repeated violent blows with the fishing rod, surely thrashing it to within an inch of its life. Donny was the victor as the critter ended up on the floor in the corner, not moving at all. The fishing pole was destroyed in the fight, but the critter was dead.

This brave combat woke everyone up. Donny came bursting out of the bathroom and ran head on to some stranger that he had never seen before. First a critter had gotten into the bathroom, now he was confronted by this big tall bald guy that he had never seen before. Donny wondered if this nightmare would ever end.

The bald guy looked past Donny at the critter on the floor and said, "Donny, what the ^#@) did you do to my hair piece"? HAIRPIECE?

Donny said that he had hunted with this guy for years and had never suspected he wore a hairpiece, until the night it attacked him in the bathroom.

Bduck
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Now thats what I'm talking about. Great little stories. Fishermen have also been made out to be liars as well. Keep the stories coming. 2cents thumbsup