PDA

View Full Version : Swan Lake open...but closed

HoweAboutMontana
04-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Forest service is closing the parking lot/boat ramp tomorrow for paving. Project is weather dependent and could last for 1-2 months?!!!

Office says they posted public notices, but thier is nothing on Flathead Forest webpage, with all the other project notices. I wanted to get right after them kokes first thing this spring and now this101thumbsdown101

Maybe time to buy a float tube, and some THICK waders. Or head up to Kookanusa and follow Neptune aroundtongue2

Neptune
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Thats just Frickin' Awesome... I was ready to follow YOU around Mike....I want more of what you found last fall/late summer!!! So do my kids, they had a blast that day!

HoweAboutMontana
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I may have a private access working, I will let you know. If we could get a couple boats out there, all doing the same routine, I think we could have a blast! Especially if we are the only ones out there.

I want to shoot some video and that might play right into my plans.signfishin

Neptune
04-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Let me know what you find out Mike...

Piscivorous Pike
04-09-2010, 10:56 PM
That is what my mother just told me, I live in Tucson, and was going home in three weeks to specifically fish swan lake and now they are saying there is not acess?

Let me know about private access, I willing to pay, forest service charged a fortune anyway at the ramp.

I will call them monday, going fishing tomorrow in AZ.

Neptune
05-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Any other info on this...is it open yet?

HoweAboutMontana
05-10-2010, 02:05 PM
still closed until June is what I am hearing. I DID actually go out on Swan yesterday, accessed via a friend of a friend. Caught 4-5 bulls (which were all released), a couple of lakers (which were not) and ZERO Kokanee!!!101thumbsdown101

Not sure where they were, but the water temp was 45 on the surface. Tried in a little shallower water but never found them. Saw some schools on the finder that HAD to be kokes, but couldnt get bit...

Hopefully those bigger fish we got last year starting in June will be there again next month...in the mean time, gonna try Crystal as soon as I have the time.

Anybody going up to Kookanusa for the derby this weekend? I have a charter on Flathead Saturday so I wont make it up there again...

Piscivorous Pike
05-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Beilenberg behind the gas station on the hill charges $5 daily access.

Neptune
05-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Mike I'm heading to Koocanusa on Friday for the derby....any suggestions PM me...

Neptune
06-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Swan boat launch is still closed as of Sunday 6/13, all the paving looks like its done just need some striping...can't be done soon enough for me!