PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Ririe

PapaD
04-07-2010, 10:00 AM
So this year I am going after some kokanee for the first time. I guess I’ll try first at Ririe once the ice if off. My question is, at this time of the year, do I want to start at the dam or at blacktail.

MMDON
04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
It will still be frozen half way up to Black Tail when we are catching limits on the Dam end. See you post at the top for an invitation to go out fishing. We catch a few . . .

maghunter
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
The Kokanee are going to be huge this summer (for Ririe anyway). I caught some ice fishing that where 15" to 16". I hope I can get my motor running so I can find out how big they are getting. I was planning on buying a new out board but due to truck repairs I am staying in the dog house as it is. Anybody know a cheap outboard repair guy?

skookum9
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Cheap isn't always good. You might try posting what is wrong with your motor and someone here may be able to help talk you through a repair so as to keep your cost down. Of course, sometimes free advice is even worse than cheap labor so I guess travel at your own risk. Best wishes to you though.

gonefishing
04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Mag,

If you find some one who know what they are doing, please e-mail me and let me know who it is. I took my motor to a local dealer here in I.F. and had my lower unit re-worked. They reversed the forward and reverse in the lower unit. I have know idea how they could have done that, but they did. Plus I am getting bearing ringing down there also Amazing. Just returned from a trip in Oregon where I had the pleasure of having a messed up motor to get around with. Darn good thing I had a trolling motor.

Also, I will get this fixed. Let me know and if you don't get running, I'll take you up to Rire and we can go after those bigger Kokes. It would make my wife happy to not be chasing those critters until it warms up. July for her.

MMDON
04-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I should be on the water this weekend! Watch out for floating debris. It's killer early.

gonefishing
04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
MMM

We look forward to your report. I'll be out there as soon as my repairs are complete.thumbsup