PDA

View Full Version : 4/2/10 - Berryessa

HereDuckyDucky
04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
So, the wife and I made it to the lake about 5:30 this morning, launched the boat, and motored out towards the mouth of the Narrows. It was our first ride in the new boat, and we were both having a lot of fun figuring everything out.

Sadly, our kicker motor and downriggers are in WA on a different boat, so we put our redneck skills to work in attempt to hit a koke or two amidst all the testing and toying.

We flat-lined some pink and pink/purple homemade hoochie spinners behind 000 dodgers, one at 40 pulls and one at 50.

Trolling with a 40hp main is a tough proposition. We would put it in gear until about 1.8mph, then throw it in neutral. It wasn't the greatest technique in the world, but we managed two take downs. Both fish were on the pink/purple hooch behind a standard prism dodger at 40 pulls. Overall, we felt pretty blessed...

After a couple hours of fishing, we took the boat back to the dock and started working on our trailer. Our main reason for the trip was to replace the bunks / bunk support brackets.

All in all, it was a fun day. We also saw a ton of turkeys on our way home to Berkeley. Anyone know if there are public hunting grounds around the lake? I could put you on a couple of noisy toms.

RW

KokeDealer
04-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Which boat were you in?

Aluminum center console?

Glad ya got out exploring anyhow

Dad & I managed 8 fish to the boat on 11 bites. 7 kokanee and 1 king.
First 5 fish came real early then it was real slow.

Sure glad I brought the sprinkle gear - kokanee fishing in 5 layers?!

HereDuckyDucky
04-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Which boat were you in?

Aluminum center console?

Glad ya got out exploring anyhow

Dad & I managed 8 fish to the boat on 11 bites. 7 kokanee and 1 king.
First 5 fish came real early then it was real slow.

Sure glad I brought the sprinkle gear - kokanee fishing in 5 layers?!

Yep, CC Bayrunner. It seemed like our hits came when the wind picked up giving us a constant speed of about 1.2-1.4. Without the wind though, we were going either too fast or two slow. Makes me miss my kicker...

...but I'll have the whole setup down here in August, so there's hope.

RW