PDA

View Full Version : gp

river hunter
04-01-2010, 05:35 PM
anyone been that way this week, how was fishing? was wondering how the roads will be going up there from s/h?

Lip Ripper
04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I was up at GP today it was a beautiful day a bit frosty this morning. The road is good and you can use the first ramp at Thistle. Fishing was a bit slow I only caught 6 but it was nice to get out fishing.

crabbinbrad
04-02-2010, 12:34 AM
went to gp on the 27th a very nice day .BUT fished from can see to cant see two fish. marked fish from 35ft to 75ft put every thing i could think of in front of them. the water is up about 12 to 14 ft since then. good luck

Cannon
05-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Roads are good. Weather is the only factor. Fishing is very good IMO!

Cannon
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I fished Sunday solo and landed 18 nice kokanee and one decent trout. I lost at least 9 more screwing around and trying to be net free. Works great with braid but mono has that stretch which throws my timing off with the fish either hitting the side of the boat or boinging over the boat to hang over the other side. Weather was fabulous. Trolled along the banks Green UV hoochie was hot in the morning. Purple worked mid day and finished up with a Pink UV hoochie.
Monday finished with Nine. Landed a bunch of trout and threw them back. Green UV hoochie and green Koke a nut were the only real active baits. Caught a few on a spinner and a couple on UV pink hoochies but definately not hot.

skookum9
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Great report, Cannon. One of these days I'm going to have to give that lake a try. I had always heard that the fishing there was only fair at best but after reading what others have to say it sounds like it would be worth the trip to try it out.