PDA

View Full Version : Which Launch at Berryessa?

HereDuckyDucky
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
The wife and I are thinking of heading to Berryessa in the rain tomorrow. It's our first time, and we were wondering what boat launch you guys suggest using.

We're chasing kokes, of course :).

RW

SuperD
04-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Depends on where you are coming from IMO. If you are coming in from Winters, Markley Cove Marina is the first launch and costs $15 unless you are senior citizen, then it is $8. The free launch is at Capel about another 20 minutes around the lake.

HiTechKoke
04-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Also of note Markley is more secure than Capel as you have to go through a gate. I have heard of more than one person that has had issues a Capel but mainly during the week. It's a windy trip in several places to get to Capel from Winters but if you were coming from Napa it makes sense.

Markley also has a store to buy any last minute items / food / snacks / ice and nice restroom inside. They open at 6AM and sometimes a few minutes early and the price does go to $20 during the regular season. This time of year the ramp is easy in the morning and then it will be limited in skier's in the afternoon until the water warms up but then it becomes a zoo so as long as you can be patient and consider your afternoon comedy event it works out fine. :-)

Pleasure Cove - About 5 miles past Markley is another place you can launch but I think it is more expensive and they don't open bright and early but is one of the few places left to have camping and also boat slips for rent if you are there for a few days.

Kevin