PDA

View Full Version : Strike/Sting Kings

tortuga
03-30-2010, 07:49 PM
I've haven't done the gorge yet..(6-17/6-24 this summer) but everyone keeps saying just like CA but bigger. So should the big Apex;s and the strike king (or sting king?...I never get it right) type lures from Pyramid lake in NV work?
They are like 3"-4" Apex's.
Willing to ask the dumb question,
Tortuga

SuperD
03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Ben, the trout Apex works great for me at the Gorge. I think that is the 1 1/2" or 2", the one just bigger than the kokanee killer.

tortuga
03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
I use the trout apex for some of the lakes around here so I have several...can't wait til June. I feel like a school kid waiting for summer break....well I am a teacher waiting for summer break!!lol
Ben

SmokeOnTheWater
03-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Read as much on The Gorge as you can on this forum. FG kokes can get very finicky. About 4 years ago, Apex (Hot Spots) never failed. 3 years ago the bite seemed to get much better using Tazmanian Devils (pink). 2 years ago Tazs worked well then the bite shifted to RMT Assassin Spinners. Last year the spinners worked all season long again. When others were switching to squid baits, I stuck with the spinners and did very well. I probably chose too long a leader for running squids (8 - 12") seemed to be the ticket but I was concerned about having the flasher that short for fear of losing fish. Many others were reporting GREAT success all last season and now again this year using the squid. JUST READ THE REPORTS! Now that ice out is upon us, there will be a lot of reading to do. Don't forget to post your pics. Everybody LOVES pics!!!!!!!!!!
tongue2

froggie
03-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Tortuga usually posts the facts, stories, etc. and he leaves the photos for me to post. As soon as Melones opens up we'll be posting on the CA forum. When we get to the Gorge for our First trip there this summer, I can only hope I have some great pics to post.
Froggiethumbsup

MMDON
04-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Read as much on The Gorge as you can on this forum. FG kokes can get very finicky. About 4 years ago, Apex (Hot Spots) never failed. 3 years ago the bite seemed to get much better using Tazmanian Devils (pink). 2 years ago Tazs worked well then the bite shifted to RMT Assassin Spinners. Last year the spinners worked all season long again. When others were switching to squid baits, I stuck with the spinners and did very well. I probably chose too long a leader for running squids (8 - 12") seemed to be the ticket but I was concerned about having the flasher that short for fear of losing fish. Many others were reporting GREAT success all last season and now again this year using the squid. JUST READ THE REPORTS! Now that ice out is upon us, there will be a lot of reading to do. Don't forget to post your pics. Everybody LOVES pics!!!!!!!!!!
tongue2

Does it make sense to anyone else the Kokes actually own the tackle companies and that is why they never bite the same lure 2 years in a row???101eatdrink101

tortuga
04-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Naw they don't sell the tackle...they are genetically directed to change every year....the tackle companies own the genetics place!!!
T