PDA

View Full Version : strawberry in toons

tacokid789
08-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Me and my brother hit up strawbery in our pontoons equiped with minn kota trolling motors yesterday. We went soley after kokanees. No cutt tackle at all. We went to the ladders and trolled in about 30ft of water and picked up about 8 koks each! With lots and lots of missed hits. Not one that we caught had any red markings at allthumbsup although they are starting to spawn as we saw up the river by the information center. It was a fun outing and i even caught my first strawberry rainbow!

JIGGIT
08-31-2008, 09:43 PM
how far out from the ladders were you troling? what baits? im going up after this strom front in a few days. thanx kenthumbsup

tacokid789
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
we just stayed in the bay area prob no further than 600yrd out...best was the east north side, where nobody was even fishing! We got into alot there, but also gets weedy over there too, just have to watch what your doing lol. We used about everything for tackle. Alot of rmt stuff. Squids and dodgers didnt work as good as things that spun or had a spinning blade. Pink wedding riing with a spinning blade worked great. We did not even smear our tackle in carp spit or corn goop or anything, just raw tackle! Good luckthumbsup

tacokid789
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
also we were about 20-30ft down

JIGGIT
09-04-2008, 11:02 AM
cool.. thanx kid.