PDA

View Full Version : Yale 3-21

southside
03-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Went to Yale park in the am for the first time targeting kokes. The launch is very nice and there was only three rigs in the lot.

We started trolling straight out and my pole goes off. Five minutes in and we are on a fish. I was flatlining a slingblade with a red wedding ring tipped with white corn way back. The fish was fiesty and areo dynamic but half way in it spits the hook. Looking like a good day! We troll around for another hour and got nothing but wet. One driveby bite for me and my buddy got nada.

I changed rigs to a silver 4 blade willow leaf with 1/2 oz. lead same spinner and got hit hard at 25feet back. Buried the rod tip in the water and was gone.

My friend had a raingear malfunction and and called it quits. I forgot to check the water temp.

It was a good fishing trip, not so good catching but learned plenty for the next time.

Peace, Tom

SilverBullets
03-22-2010, 03:51 PM
awesomereportGreat report southside, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more reports from up your way... welcome to KFF!signfishin

skookum9
03-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Awesome to hear about Yale, thanks for posting. I'm getting excited about getting to try this lake out in a few weeks, hopefully.