PDA

View Full Version : gorge aug. 29th day trip

TrophyBoat
08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
well no matter how much i want to post about a excellent catching day at the gorge, i can't. me and my dad launched at buckboard around 645 and headed south, by then there was about 15 boats stacked on breeze hill so we figure the fish were stacked in theretoo so we joined the crazyness, picked up 3 fish right off the bat. Being sick of the crowd we kept on moving south, MISTAKE, long story short we boated 8 fish total all day and lost 6. Made big moves to Anvil and fished above buckboard as well. dropped down every RMT sqiud ,spoon combo, every shasta tackle combo and every other lure we have ever caught kokes on down there and the fish just weren't having it. Marked more fish than i ever have on the sonar but couldn't tantalize them enough i guess. Those are the days that keep me fishing.

Petty4life
08-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Been there done that, It's very frustrating on days like that.

JIGGIT
08-30-2008, 05:39 PM
same thing i had last trip. i know that fealing as well.

Propnut69
08-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh ,how I know the feeling.I was out on the 29th myself. I fished middle marsh,then upper marsh,then ray's cliffs,then skunk cliffs.I threw every color combo I could think of at them. At the end of the day,all I had caught was six kokes,and a little mack. This is very typical for this time of year. The early spawners are getting ready to move back up stream,and most of the slivers just have lockjaw There was times when my screen was almost blacked out from fish,but they just didn't want to play. Oh well in a few weeks the water will cool,the algae bloom will be over,and the bows and browns will want to play.

TrophyBoat
08-30-2008, 11:10 PM
well, i feel alot better that it has slowed for more than us. I really havent fished the gorge a whole lot so that caught me by suprise. I get kokanee fever every spring and go up early in the year and the koke fishing can be just like it was on friday. I usually get up there 2 or 3 times a year during june and july and the fishing is usually excellent but this year is the latest in the year and most i have been up there and i have been spoiled fishing the hot times of the year. i am ready to go again though just not for one day, that drive SUCKS!!!!!!!