PDA

View Full Version : Texas Pig

Bduck
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

How would you like to meet this guy on a walk in the woods?
Cute little Texas pig ......That was killed in the town of Cut-N-Shoot TX.
Over 1,800 lb. wild boar shot and killed in Conroe, Texas near the County Airport, East of I-45 and near the community of Cut and Shoot

sawtooth
03-11-2010, 10:06 PM
That is a lot of bacon!:p:p

Wild Child
03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
That is the biggest pig I have ever seen!awesomereport

RalphL
03-04-2012, 12:37 AM
it is a big pig but there is a bit of perspective slight of hand going on in how the picture is set up. You will see many more of these showing up. Pigs are trapped in TX to control the numbers and untill recently they were just killed. Than the landowners discovered that hunters would pay a premium for big pigs with good tusks. Now, the better trapped boars are castrated and turned back out. No more fighting, no more breeding(tusks stay perfect) and they just eat and get huge. Than, a high dollar hog hunt over a feeder and bingo, thats the result. Been there

Bduck
03-04-2012, 06:42 PM
it is a big pig but there is a bit of perspective slight of hand going on in how the picture is set up. You will see many more of these showing up. Pigs are trapped in TX to control the numbers and untill recently they were just killed. Than the landowners discovered that hunters would pay a premium for big pigs with good tusks. Now, the better trapped boars are castrated and turned back out. No more fighting, no more breeding(tusks stay perfect) and they just eat and get huge. Than, a high dollar hog hunt over a feeder and bingo, thats the result. Been there

Hogs are dangerous when they want to be. We use to raise them and had this one breeder boar. It was not safe for little kids say 12yrs old to be in the same yard as him. I use to to be almost cornered by him. He weight in at over 6oolbs. Whenever my dad was out there, there were no confrontations at all. I have seen sows alone trap a chicken and feast on them while they were still alive. Hogs have no mercy at all. They will eat anything. I'm glad my career took me away from being a pig farmer.

rebelsportsman
03-04-2012, 10:03 PM
we have quite a few hogs in texas now. they give us something to hunt year round. the wild ones are usually lean and are pretty good eating. they make really good boudin. they are not real good for sausage as they are lean.

SuperD
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
When I read "Texas pig" I thought it might be something more like a Javelina. To start the conspiracy theory, at 1,800 lbs we should check dna for a cross of pig and bovine!

rebelsportsman
03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
these pictures get out every once in a while. the other big hog i kept up with, ended up being fed out on a farm and turned loose for a hunt. if you ask me that is no different than the canned hunts for cats that are illegal, but you will always have lazy people that will pay a lot of money to shoot something bigger than everyone else. the biggest one i know of that was for sure wild and killed, was around 450#.