PDA

View Full Version : Yale Lake Fri. 3 -5-10

Kokonuts
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I got the boat in the water Fri. morning at Yale Lake! Beatufull Day!! Boat ran great, Water was cold but very nice and you guessed it NO FISH!! Terry & I tried all the good stuff Wedding Rings, Hoochies, Apex even some "Secret Stuff" but still nothing!

We were seeing a lot of fish from 35 to 50 ft. & a lot more still sitting on the bottom. We were trolling across the lake from the launch ramp at Yale Park. The launch at the dam is still closed.
There was 4 or 5 other boats out but everyone said the same thing, Zip, Zero, Nothing! One larger cabin boat had 4 rods out and still no luck!

The only problems we had was with the New DR weight I made with the rudder on it . I was trying to see if it would move out away from the boat a little bit which it did BUT I found out real fast that I couldnt make any turns with it. I think it would start spinning and tangle up with the other DR , what a mess! Took off the rudder & no more problems!
Back to the shop for more work on it.........laugh hyst.....

The good news is its very early still & we all have a lot of good times ahead!

.........Kokonuts.......thumbsup.....

sweetpea
03-07-2010, 10:40 PM
so how deep are you going? this time last year at merwin i was hitting fish right at the surface. i could see my flasher as a trolled. my buddy went to yale recently and the only fish he caught was at the surface. i think the fish are so high that the fishfinder doesn't even pick them up. he aslo read the finder and targeted the fish at 35-60ft down. but anyways. maybe i'll get a chance to get up there next weekend.

Get'nJiggy
03-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Fished Yale Sat. am (8 - 11) I'd heard of some fish being caught down on the south side near the dam, but with the wind the way it was I didn't want to make the run back to the ramp in those conditions. Decided to just fish across from Yale park and we managed to scatch out 1 fish.We weren't marking any fish, so I just flat lined some spinners with a 1/2 ounce in line weight 30 - 40 ft back. It was a solid 12", so I'm thinking that we might see some descent fish come out of Yale this year. All in all not a bad first trip of the year.

MackPrince
03-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Great reports guys. My boat is ready, but the days have been full. I hope to see you on the water soon.

Get'nJiggy
03-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Promissed my son I'd put up a pic. of his first fish for this year. (3/6/2010)
http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=1062

MackPrince
03-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Great photo.