PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

froggie
02-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Hello, Froggie here! Been posting for a few years on several forums. Just discovered this one today while researching Flaming Gorge. Joined up (Tortuga, too). We primarily fish for kokes at New Melones because we live in Sonora, CA & it's less than 35 min. from our house.
Froggie

SilverBullets
02-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Welcome to KFF Froggie and Tortuga... Great to have you aboard!thumbsup

Bduck
02-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Welcome froggie thumbsup Did you compete at the annual frog jumps at Angels Camp? :D I use to live in Railroad Flat back in the mid 60's.

justfish
02-27-2010, 11:58 PM
froggie welcome to the site hope to see you in june at fg

Petty4life
03-04-2010, 02:15 PM
welcome aboardthumbsup

TopFuelKokanee
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Are you guys part of Kokanee Power? I'm sure you know HiTechKoke as he is involved in derbies at NM and other Cali lakes. Welcome aboard!

froggie
03-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes, we belong to Kokanee Power, not gonna make it to this year's dinner though. YES, we know HiTechKoke (AKA as HiTechTrout).

Actually, never been to the frog jump in Angel's camp.

...and Tortuga (my husband) said I should post something so everyone knows I'm a girl. Can't seem to find any feminine Smileys, but still lookin'!

Looking forward to koke season starting at Melones & maybe we'll get to Berry this year. Haven't been there in a few years.

Froggie:o (pink was all I could find) kinda goes with the popular color for koke lures at Melones!!

tortuga
03-05-2010, 08:37 PM
We are gonna get nearly a week on the gorge the third week in June...We'll be at the Buckboard RV. Drop by and say hi. We are both pretty much Koke adicts!!
Tortuga

Bduck
03-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Yes, we belong to Kokanee Power, not gonna make it to this year's dinner though. YES, we know HiTechKoke (AKA as HiTechTrout).

...and Tortuga (my husband) said I should post something so everyone knows I'm a girl. Can't seem to find any feminine Smileys, but still lookin'!

Looking forward to koke season starting at Melones & maybe we'll get to Berry this year. Haven't been there in a few years.

Froggie:o (pink was all I could find) kinda goes with the popular color for koke lures at Melones!!

There is another lady on the forum who also is a member of Kokanee Power in Cal. She lives in Placerville and goes by Trouble. I met her at the ISE in Sacramento at the KP booth but I'm lost for her name.

HiTechKoke
03-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Hey Froggie - Good to see you here and I'm sure you'll keep Tortuga in line this year as always. Yah... my old AKA... almost forgot about that... well I had to evolve into the salmonoid name once I caught the Kokanee bug.

Since I understand you have a Gorge trip planned you'll find a lot of good Gorge folks here to help on anything you need.

I look forward to seeing you out on the water and it won't be too long now before the fever starts. :-)

Kevin

HiTechKoke
03-06-2010, 10:24 AM
There is another lady on the forum who also is a member of Kokanee Power in Cal. She lives in Placerville and goes by Trouble. I met her at the ISE in Sacramento at the KP booth but I'm lost for her name.

That would be Tammy. Look out when she gets out fishing as she knows how to slay the Kokanee. I'm pretty sure she already knows Tortuga as well if not already have fished together.

Kevin

froggie
03-06-2010, 02:59 PM
YEs, we know Tammy & last summer I went out with her on HER boat on Melones. We had a ball catching our limits of kokanee in the rain. The 'gents' around us were not very polite that day.

Kevin, We're both VERY excited about our upcoming Gorge trip. Since we got an RV finally, I'm anxious to spend some time in it this summer.

Looks like we'll be at the Gorge when several other fellow forum 'followers' will be there, so it should be a lot of fun as well as an opportunity to learn the lake from some 'experts'.
Froggie:o

Bduck
03-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm always looking fwd to meeting new people. What dates have you got lined up for the Gorge froggie?

froggie
03-06-2010, 07:30 PM
We're gonna be there from June 17-24. Staying at the Buckboard Marina RV Park. Will have a few weeks to fish our home lake here in CA (New Melones) at the start of our summer vacation (we're both teachers). Then it's off to the Gorge.
Froggie