PDA

View Full Version : Porcupine (2-19-10)

SmokeOnTheWater
02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
PackFan and I hit Porcupine this morning to chase the kokanee. We arrived and didn't waste any time hitting the hard deck. Got lines in the water around 8am and watched several schools pass through. School must have been in session and it appeared the teacher wasn't even letting the kiddie kokes have their morning snack until the first bites started about 8:20am. Missed the first two bites but my lightening fast reflexes took over and iced three kokes in a row. I must have hooked the teacher because the rest of the school went to recess. Only got one more bite the rest of our stay. we left shortly after 12 noon.

Hooked up with my biggest Koke ever from the Pig. Just a titch over the 12" mark. She put up a real nice fight on my new homebuilt ice rods. Nice action all around. If Jared can put his name on his Kokanee Rods so can I on my ice rods!

Bduck
02-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Way to go Tom & Pete. I use to do some fishing with Pete back in the 70's when we were stationed here in the Air Force. We would go to E. Canyon for Kokes in his boat.

Kokaholic
02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Right on Tom. I can remember a month ago so vividly. I was able to see for myself your cat quick reflexes! It all happened so quickly. It was like WOW. laugh hyst