PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Flaming Gorge

mwvigue
02-12-2010, 11:32 PM
First post!

I fished the gorge over 14 years ago and did really well, we trolled nearby the overhead gas pipeline. I am looking to plan a trip this summer (2010) with my father, when is a good time to fish for the Kokanee? My father would prefer the warmer weather (60 plus)!! How about RV campsites, ect?

Thanks Marc

Kokaholic
02-13-2010, 12:02 AM
first off, welcome aboard. I would recommend that you start going back through all of the posts on the Flaming gorge board and reading up. There is also a post on here about flaming gorge accomidations. You can stay at the Lucerne camp ground. I would go on line and get all of the info you can and start making your reservations asap.

there is tons of info on here about what to use for tackle. I would look at the end of May at the earliest for your trip on through the summer. It can get really cool in the evening when a storm comes through even in July, so go prepared.

Hopefully some otehr folks will chime in and add some info for you

Bduck
02-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Welcome aboard Marc. thumbsup There are plenty of accomodations at the Gorge. You do need to make reservations to ensure yourself a place to stay.We have a post for a group of motels and campgrounds listed under the Flaming Gorge board. It gets busy with alot of fishermen around as well as other sports activities. Some of the best Kokanee action is around the pipeline area and going north. As time gets near, we will be more than happy to point you in some areas of interest for the kokes. Lake trout is alot of fun too. Keep in mind that there is a get together for KFF members July 10. A potluck, raffle, prizes, and meeting people from all over. If your there at that time, bring your family and lets have fun. Read, enjoy and feel free to chime in if you need info, or post your own, or send a private message to someone.

froggie
02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
This is my first posting, just discovered this forum. Tortuga & I just joined it.

We're staying at Buckboard Marina RV Pk. & gonna be there June 17-24. I'm trying to gather as much info as I can to help us with this trip. So, i'm checking the archives & these threads. Any help is appreciated.worthy12worthy12
Froggie