PDA

View Full Version : New to the Koke site

T. Money
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I live in Longview and can remember fishing at 4 years old. I fish for everything that swims in Western WA. and beyond. The only fish that I can think of that I have not caught is a true kokanee. I grew up and still fish Riffe, but know the silver bullets there are land lock coho.

I have four boats to cover all species and almost every condition. I found this site by searching Google for all kokanee related information. I recognize some of the names on here from the "other" fishing forums, and have learned alot by using the search tool. Thanks for the good posts, fisherman here have a whole lot of expirence to learn from. worthy12

I really, really want to learn how to fish Merwin and have learned alot already from the posts here. I do not have riggers but learned how to make the "red neck down rigger" (cut off sturgeon boat rod and 48 oz lead sinker) and plan to try it this year at Merwin.

I find myself checking this site several times a day, just eager to learn the art of kokanee fishing.

T. Money

MackPrince
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Welcome T.
I'm glad you found us. The good news with Kokes around here is that especially in the Spring you won't need a downrigger. They generally run 15-30' deep until June and can be reached with leadcore or some weight and counting pulls.

See ya on the water!thumbsup
-Mack

Kokonuts
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
T....Welcome to the Best Kokanee Forum Ever! As you have seen there is a lot of good info & a lot of good guys to share it all with you! I am looking forward to hearing some of your experiences!

I fish Lake Merwin a lot & hope to see you out there soon. Look for me in my boat "Shes So Fine".

...thumbsup... Kokonuts

Bduck
02-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Welcome T. Money thumbsup

SilverBullets
02-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Welcome Aboard! :)

SmokeOnTheWater
02-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome T. Money! I cut my kokanee teeth on American Lake near Ft. Lewis and McChord AFB many, many years ago.