PDA

View Full Version : New to Kokanee And Hooked

Gene
02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Hello from Everett !! great sight wow so much going on !! i love this sight ! it is for me. I run a 15 foot sylvan with a 40 Force and 4 hp kicker, two scotty 1080 downriggers and color hummingbird depth finder. seriously not bragging, just want the people I connect with to understand the gear I have so I can get tips on how to use it better. looking for the hot tips in this area willing to travel a couple hrs, dying to hit up chelan !!. so looking forward to this sight. really want to fish for these hard to get fish properly. thanks for having me, need some help on picking out a new rod and real combo ideal for trolling. for Kokanee. Mabye down the line a fishing buddy, in the navy so time sometimes is just not there.. but when it is fish on!!

Bduck
02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Welcome Gene thumbsup This is where you can learn alot about Kokanee fishing and guarantee you'll get 'HOOKED'.

AFDan52
02-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Welcome aboard Gene. You won't be sorry for hanging around here. There is a lot of very useful information to be had here.

Kokonuts
02-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Gene, I like the looks of your Boat! You're set up perfect for trolling, and you can get a lot of good info from this forum!

thumbsup......Kokonuts

kokanee_slayer
02-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Welcome aboard Gene. Looks like you have got a nice setup.
The Wife and I travel to the Bothell/Mill Creek area (just north of Seattle) a couple times a month visiting our Son, Daughter In-law and Grandchildren. I normally fish the lakes in Pierce County and to the south. I know there are some very good lakes up north which I'm going to check out this summer. Although, lately I have been hearing some decent reports coming out of Riffe Lake so that's also a possibility. Thanks for your service to our country. I'm a 20 year retired Air Force Veteran myself.

Gene
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
thank you for serving also, to bad i will be deployed this summer after gearing up this winter, o well still getting out right now

skookum9
02-16-2010, 10:42 PM
So if you are getting out fishing right now, I have to ask, how has the fishing been? As one of the surface koke jigger's I have to ask, have you been seeing many jumping on the surface where you fish? It's not the way for everybody but don't count out how much fun it is until you've tried it.

Gene
02-16-2010, 11:32 PM
yah i have seen them jumping at stevens in the morning, while the downriggers were deployed my buddy was trying to throw a spoon at them.. no luck though could be because of my lack of keeping the boat straight LOL

SilverBullets
02-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Welcome aboard Gene!thumbsup Do you know if anyone jigs for kokes at Stevens? You might try casting a 1/4-1/2 oz gibbs minnow...do different counts before jigging it back to the boat to find what depth their biteing. Sure do miss it up there (except for the rain and traffic.)

skookum9
02-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Gene, have your buddy try a 1/2 oz gibbs minnow, and start with pink and white. If the wind is too much then have him try something a little heavier like a 2 1/2" buzz bomb in pink or orange, or a pink and white nordic. Other colors work too but these are my personal favorites. If it works up there like it does down here, you'll see these fish aren't always all that hard to catch. Hard to land sometimes but that's another story. Good luck and God bless, and thank you for your service to our country.

Gene
02-17-2010, 02:26 AM
thanks for the tips, and thanks for the kind words for my service, its an honor to serve the USA. i will relay the tips... i know the effect of a pink buzz bomb as I just knocked out the humpies (pink) salmon with them. actually had to stop fishing for them that day.

Gene
02-17-2010, 02:28 AM
havent herd of jigging there but agree about the rain, next boat item is winshiel wipers

Kokaholic
02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Welcome aboard Gene, thanks for your service to our country! keep up the good work and tight lines!