PDA

View Full Version : Used Tackle?

sjones
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
As I mentioned before I am a SCUBA Diver. My partners and I happen to Recover some "Used Tackle" on our dives. If I were to package this stuff would there be a Market for it? I am not talking about a Ford Fender for Retail. I am thinking, 2-3 Lake trolls for $?.?? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Sean

Petty4life
02-04-2010, 02:41 PM
As I mentioned before I am a SCUBA Diver. My partners and I happen to Recover some "Used Tackle" on our dives. If I were to package this stuff would there be a Market for it? I am not talking about a Ford Fender for Retail. I am thinking, 2-3 Lake trolls for $?.?? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Sean

take pics and post it up on the classified section here on kff. ya never know someone might have a use for it. one mans junk is another mans treasure. LOL

sjones
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I may be able to make a list of the stuff. But the stuff that is junk we just pitch in the trash. We find everything from lures of all sorts to down rigger weights. Also divers, jigs, dodgers, spinners, and stick baits. I will start making lists of stuff, but was just trying to see if there was any interest in that sort of stuff.
Through the summer months we may find several 5 gal. buckets of gear and I can't even loose that much stuff in a season. That is why I was trying to find a Poss. MKT for that kind of thing.

Sean

DLM
02-04-2010, 07:12 PM
If you have pulled any lures out of Wikiup I know a couple guys that may find them familiar lookinglaugh hyst

SuperD
02-04-2010, 10:05 PM
It definitely has a market. I think the key would be to focus on your local area and have reasonable prices. Selling used tackle + shipping starts to get to local retail, new prices pretty quick. Lead is worth quite a bit so the weights have value for sure.

twisted lines
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
If you have pulled any lures out of Wikiup I know a couple guys that may find them familiar lookinglaugh hyst

tooexcited I may start putting my number on them; I could narrow the search there.....thumbsup

SilverBullets
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Do you have any 8lb pancake or chrome shark weights?

Bduck
02-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Sometimes I'll pull up a rig and have an extra lure on it. I scraped bottom with my downrigger weight one day and after retrieving it, there a big magnum size rapala attached perfectly at the eye of the weight. It now is a relic attached to the wall in my camper, rusty hooks and all. Some others make it to the tackle box.

HiTechKoke
02-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Besides the tackle let's hear about some of your "fish" experiences while diving the lakes. As a salt water diver from the past as well as U/W photographer I learned a ton about fish behavior in that realm but I never have done the freshwater diving.

sjones
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Most FW fish see you as the biggest fish eating monster on the planet. They bug out real quick. There are rare times when you get to see some of the bigger fish at a distance, fleeting glances. I have spent a bunch of time in the FW only diving Salt 2 times. And I used to log 60-80 tanks a summer. With kids it is a little harder to get the time. I was in Paulina and had one of the biggest Browns I think I have ever seen, swim in to a rock shelf and vanish. I took off my BC and tried to go through the same opening but could not fit. ( DO NOT TRY TO EVER DO THIS ) it is not for everyone. It was very large 18 + inches between its dorsal fin and tail. The reason I know this is because I had a good point to measure it by with the rocks it went through and under.

Vis is the other problem our vis can be from 0-8 ft as an average. Good days can be 10+ft. the best Vis I had was opening weekend of fishing season at Wic. Res. 7 years ago it was 18- 20 ft on the Davis arm. I do recovery work, and work in 0-2ft vis most of the time so any time we can see it is a bonus.

AFDan52
02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with the others, post up some pictures and I'll bet that some of it will go.

Fallriverguy
02-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I know of a few places in Wickiup that must be like a Christmas tree because of all the hardware lost there. If you are ever interested in doing some gear retrieval I can point you in the right direction. I know that there would be a market for used gear and I would buy back some of the gear I have lost.

twisted lines
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I know of a few places in Wickiup that must be like a Christmas tree because of all the hardware lost there. If you are ever interested in doing some gear retrieval I can point you in the right direction. I know that there would be a market for used gear and I would buy back some of the gear I have lost.

Let the bidding begin! laugh hyst

sjones
02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Look if any of you guys in the Eastern, OR. area know of places that are known to grab gear lets talk. I have been searching, salvaging, and recovering things off of the bottom for over 10 years. One of the guys has been diving for 40yrs. My dive partners and I are willing to go and swim most anything. We are also willing to compensate you for your knowledge. We are talking about diving on Wed. am. We have not picked a spot yet so if it is less than say 150 ft deep, we may take a look. Also we can dive through the ice but prefer not to, it takes a lot of work.

We also have been talking about how to sell the stuff. If i get a pic of the stuff and a list of how many of each item we have would that make it easy? As I posted before, the junk get thrown out.

I am not trying to scam anyone! Just looking to off set some of the cost of the diving.

Again Thank you for your interest,

Sean

PM me if you have any locations to get in the water.

Bduck
02-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Other than going to work everyday, I wish I had something that I could sell all the time to offset some of the spending I do for fishing. Like to know about your adventures under water. Some big fish you have come upon, treasures, ahhhhh pirates chest? KFF members put together a couple of get togethers yearly, one at Flaming Gorge and one on the west coast, not sure of location but will be announced, would be a great place to sell off or raffle your findings.