PDA

View Full Version : Life Goes On 2010

Bduck
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
On January 19, the wife and I received a phone call in the early morning that our granddaughter was about to make her appearance into this world. She took her time (all day) from the 5am call the aroused me out of bed after just getting off of work at 1230am(swing shift). She finally came about 7:21pm that evening. Unfortunately as one life comes in, another is sacrifised. My wife received a phone call about 8pm 1 Feb from her sister that their only brother unexpectantly passed away between 4-5pm. As she mourns for her brother and wishes she could have seen him before the final hour, she also thinks of the little bundle of joy that replaces him to help ease the pain of a loss. God is always present at the time of birth and only he knows when your time has come to go to the 'Pearly Gates'. God bless all.

SmokeOnTheWater
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Boy Roger - You and your wife are on a roller coaster ride of emotions right now. How can you be happy and sad at the same time? If you're happy about the birth, are those emotions overshaddowed by the passing of another loved one? Just remember one thing, show your love to those still living. My condolences.

Kokaholic
02-02-2010, 01:30 PM
What a bitter/sweet situation Roger. My prayers to you and your family.

TopFuelKokanee
02-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Thank you for sharing. Good reminder about how precious life is. My prayers will be with you also.

AFDan52
02-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Rodger , I am very sorry to hear of your loss, and also of your gain. I must agree that it is a bitter/Sweet situation. Our Prayers are with you.

SuperD
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Roger, Karen and I are very sorry to hear about your loss and will include you and your wife's family in our prayers. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Dave & Karen

Bduck
02-03-2010, 11:24 AM
I realize I should have put my wife's name down which is Michele. I showed her this thread and the tears started flowing. She knows this is a unique forum with a great bunch of people. We both thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for the kind words. As one life is celebrated at birth another also celebrated at the passing. Life goes on. Thanks again Roger & Michele

halojm
02-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Dude, believe me I know what she is going through and what you are dealing with yourself. If either of you need anything at all, let me know. I'm still feel like I have to pick up the phone everyday and give my dad a call.

Bduck
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks Rob. She lost her mother back in 2004 & she feels the need to call today still. We live life with all of these little experiences that will help us through. The memories will always play an important part in what we do.