PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 8-23-08

HiTechKoke
08-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Hit up Berryessa again this Sat for pretty much a repeat performance of last weekend. In the end we brought home 8 Kokes, lost a few and add a few feisty trout in the mix and it was a decent day. You still had to work for them as it was not a wide open bite but fairly steady. We dropped in at Skier's cove area and pretty much stayed in that area most of the day finding small pods of fish to keep us entertained.

Fish we caught were 53 to 66 but 61 was the best depth it seemed. Best lure was a Double Trouble Pink Tiger setup with a 3/0 Star lite as it seemed like a one rod syndrome for most of the morning and the RMT Assassins in pink getting the other action. Fish quality was from 15 to 18 1/4. I'm still looking for a 20 incher!

Not a lot of guys out for a Sat, probably 8-10 boats overall. On with the pics and here's a video of one of Rachel's fish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkJEf2vu99c

Picture 1 - Rachel Scores first fish of the day...
Picture 2 - I had to follow up with this nice 17 incher still very chrome...
Picture 3 - Rachel scores a really nice trout... best I've seen out of Berryessa!
Picture 4 - My big fish of the day at 18.25 inches.
Picture 5 - Rachel hams it up with another Koke
Picture 6 - A final Koke for the day.... check out those spots on this guy..almost King like.

1. Rachel scores first Koke.. 10 minutes after lines were down.
2. I pick up the pace with a nice 17 incher that is still very bright.
3. Rachel with a very pretty rainbow with awesome coloring, Eagle Lake strain maybe?
4. My Big Koke for the day at 18 1/4 he's starting to fade.
5. Rachel hamming it up with another Kokanee

MARENGO
08-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the report. I'm heading there on Monday the 24th. If I have the same luck I will be surprised. However, if I do find the magic combination I’ll report it immediately. Wish me luck……

HiTechKoke
08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Good to see another California guy here. Luck or not post your adventure. I'd stick with the Skier's cove area but no too tight to the cove. You should find them there. I worked my way up to the ranch house later in the day but not nearly as many fish were up there.

Petty4life
08-24-2008, 05:37 PM
thanks for the report kevin, keep up the good workthumbsup

MARENGO
08-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Good to see another California guy here. Luck or not post your adventure. I'd stick with the Skier's cove area but no too tight to the cove. You should find them there. I worked my way up to the ranch house later in the day but not nearly as many fish were up there.

Thanks for that.. I'll let you know.