PDA

View Full Version : Gorge 8-22

Petty4life
08-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Fished Flaming Gorge today with Propnut69, Launched at Holmes Crossing at 6:30 am and headed for skunk cliff's Trolled From skunk to middle marsh and really had to work for the fish today used rmt clear, pink haze, Rainbow squids behind hyper plaid and bahama dodgers. watermelon serpants also caught fish. caught 20+ kokes but nothing was consistant and we had to keep changing. fishing was at a standstill about 2pm when i desided to put on a curly's lure and knocked down 3 more kokes before we called it a day. fishing was slower then last week but still had a good time thanks Tim. Ran into Jiggit early afternoon and then talked to fishonlynch on the water later in the day.

oldguysrule
08-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Am going on sunday till wed. any suggestions? How about anvil or the ranches?

Petty4life
08-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Am going on sunday till wed. any suggestions? How about anvil or the ranches?

lots of fished stacked in by the ranch but they had lockjaw.

JIGGIT
08-23-2008, 02:27 PM
man it was tuff... small fish the the 21st the day i saw you not a bite until i found a hunny hole.thumbsup i fished the squids until 1 pm. and went back to the apexs and koke killers in pink and hot purple. got the wife into some good 3 pound fish for 1 hr untill i got low on petro.cry me a river becaulse they got hot and were stacked from 65 to 78 foot thick and there wasnt another boat in site. would still be there but the wifes dad had a heart issue last night so we came back. met a few other guys at sheep creek camp ground. sorry i forgot your names guys.

Petty4life
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
fishfinder most of the day had more fish then this but this was pretty conistant
http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=466

JIGGIT
08-23-2008, 04:50 PM
crap i should have taken some of those shots. i had some i wish i had a cam down there.

oldguysrule
08-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks maybe we will move north to try to find some?

SockeyeSlayer
08-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Fished Breeze hill this mourning (Sat) and landed 30+ all on squid's...(Pink Haze/ Pearlescent/Double glow Pink. We were off the water by 11:00 but could have been done at 7:00 this mourning, This time of year it changes every day you just have to search.
Jared Johnson RMT/SockeyeSlayerthumbsup

JIGGIT
08-23-2008, 09:43 PM
you always put a hurtin on those fish. ive always killed on the uv green and pink but i had a slow day. i got sportsmans to replaced that lammi i broke by you that day.thumbsup i still want to get the j j signature rod when it comes out. moore like 2. thumbsup . ken

fishonlynch
08-24-2008, 11:27 PM
We fished the gorge on Friday and Saturday. Put the boat in at Buckboard marina both days. Friday morning we started out by skunk cliffs and managed to catch only small kokes (around 16 in.). We trolled just north of the ranch house and caught a few more small kokes. Saw Jason and talked with him on the marine band. After lunch we started fishing north of Buckboard. Didn't find any Kokanee, but managed to catch some healthy rainbows.

U.V. Pink Flash Serpent Spoon worked the best for the rainbows.
U.V. PINK HAZE Squids worked best for the kokes.

On Saturday we fished the big bend area, but only managed to catch two small kokes. We managed to catch some rainbows on serpent spoons. Anchored down in a cove by big bend, had lunch, took a short nap, and headed home around 1pm.

Travis

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/2790466117_3fbaf8a094.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2794966614_50a1ffe0af.jpg

Thanks for the Boat picture Jason........

TrophyBoat
08-26-2008, 12:09 AM
hey i was wondering where holmes crossing, the ranch house, and marsh creek are. i cant seem to find them on a map.

Propnut69
08-26-2008, 09:50 AM
I think that holmes crossing,is still called squaw hollow on the map. As for the ranch house,it only shows a dirt road leading to the shore. On the map it shows upper marsh creek ramp. middle marsh creek is approximately a mile south of that.

Kokaholic
08-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Isnt Brinigers ranch straight across from Holmes/Squaw hollow? I know you can see it from the paved road.

FishHunter
08-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Isnt Brinigers ranch straight across from Holmes/Squaw hollow? I know you can see it from the paved road.

It's just south of Squaw Hollow and you can see it from the boat ramp.

Kokaholic
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
I knew it was close, Thanks

TrophyBoat
08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Any pics JIGGIT, PETTY???? headed up for the day on friday and wanted a preview.

Petty4life
08-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Any pics JIGGIT, PETTY???? headed up for the day on friday and wanted a preview.

if youve seen one koke youve seen 1000. sorry didnt take any pics

spiritwolf
08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
My brother and I launched out of Buckboard about 6:30 am and headed over to the east side of the channel across from The Skunk Cliffs. Fished until 9:00 am and Hooked 12 Kokes, (9 were around 2-3 lbs, 3 smaller). We also landed a small pup mac. We relaeased the mac and two of the smallest kokes. We did boat 6 of the bigger kokes and another small one. The rest spit out the hooks while we were trying to net them.

We were using pink squids tipped with pink Gulp Maggots about 18" behind small flashers.

Got some awsome fillets for the smoker, but this may be the last of the season. Sorry, didn't have the camera so can't show any pictures.

Looks like all the activity is in Wyo right now.