PDA

View Full Version : New boat....

BlueBack79
12-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Well, its time to start outfitting my new boat. just picked it up yesterday. Its a 1995 20' HeliArc (Ernie Duckworth) w/a fuel injected 350, Legend pump, 9.9 kicker w/ Panther remote, 1/4" bottom and stick steer. Taking it up to the Peak tomorrow to run it for the first time. Want to get used to the stick before I put it in the river. Have a really nice manual Penn downrigger already. Anyone have a nice used electric Scotty, let me know. Im interested.

HiTechKoke
12-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Nice boat... looks like you have enough room in there for about 8 guys to fish.... :-) and they would be covered in foul weather too!

Kevin

Bduck
12-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Way to go Blueback. Very Niiiiiiiiiice. thumbsup

Bluknight
12-26-2009, 11:40 AM
1995??? That has to be the cleanest 95 I've seen in a long time. Nice find!

Bduck
12-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Want some help breaking it in? At the Gorge? Fish blood & beer should do it. movie89586 fencing

BlueBack79
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
thanks guys. she got a little test run today. my buddy and i met some friends, who were chukar hunting up by lucky peak, for a little test drive. man it was cold and breezy. five of us in it and she jumped up like nobody's business!! i will say, the bilge pump works awesome. ha ha. forget to close the valves on the exhaust. that stick steer is VERY responsive. ill need a few more trips before im totally comfortable.

by the way, no chukars killed by my buddies. they had a one year old pointer that locked up tight at one point. sent him in some thickets and he met a bobcat!! it was in a trap. buddy ended up shooting it. said it looked like nobody had been checking their traps and they figured they would just put it down and leave it for the lazy trapper!

Kokaholic
12-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice Looking boat. Congrats to you. thumbsupworthy12

BlueBack79
01-18-2010, 10:57 PM
thought id show a little video clip of the new boat. had four buddies in it at the time. she scoots along just finethumbsup

its sitting in the shop already. having the throttle re-done. it currently is a two stick throttle and its located on the dash. having it linked back to one and moving to the side. ive got a few more projects planned for it. going to have a full swim deck built for it and also have an additional rail welded on the existing rail. its too low. hits you at the knees. then id like to upgrade the kicker....that will be next year.

dont know if the address will be clickable, but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecmmjIzTIs

Bluknight
01-19-2010, 12:39 PM
All I can think of issss............ Off we fly into the wild blue yonder!!!!! Very nice thanks for sharing. That certainly is a great looking lake.

AFDan52
01-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey Blueback79, Very nice rig. You should do very nicely with that boat. thumbsup

kodiak1
01-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Great looking boat!! Hang on to that Penn! I have been using Penn's for 30 years and they just keep hanging in there, with no problems. No wonder they are the favorite for the West Coast salmon fishermen. Mike

BlueBack79
02-27-2010, 06:26 PM
well, i think the new boat is sold already. ha ha. the guy is flying in from vancouver next saturday with all his bank paperwork. been dealing with him for a few weeks. ive got an even better one lined out...just hoping IT doesnt sell before mine. ill post some pics when i get itthumbsup

BlueBack79
03-21-2010, 12:35 AM
got her sold thursday. pretty sad huh. ha ha. i'll post pics of the boat im buying when i pick it up next week. this one's even better!! made a little money, getting a nicer boat for a better price. cant complain.

onlychild
03-21-2010, 05:20 PM
thats how to do it. is the new one stick steer ? i hade one once and enjoyed the responce

BlueBack79
03-21-2010, 07:20 PM
no stick in this one. thats the only thing i wish it had. i'll probably convert next year. that stick was flippin' awesome. at least im getting a couple downriggers with the new one. an electric cannon and a manual. i'll probably get some scotty's next year too.