PDA

View Full Version : Ever 2nd smoke a ham?

SuperD
12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Try this for Easter.

I set the temperature at 275 degrees and smoke with some apple wood for about an hour.
After the first hour, I wrap tightly with foil and continue to cook an additional hour.
If you like to add a glaze, make a brown sugar and maple syrup paste and spread over ham.
Cover with pineapple slices for the last 15 minutes of cook time.

SuperD
12-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I used the bone and some of the leftover ham for a pot of white bean soup last night. It was one of the best pots of bean soup I've ever made. The smokey flavor was fabulous.

Kokaholic
12-20-2009, 09:44 PM
That looks wonderful. I have a ham in the freezer I will have to try that out. And the pot of ham and beans even sounds better. tongue2

Cant wait to smoke up the meat for Christmas dinner. A prime rib and two Boston butt pork roasts! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmworthy12

SuperD
12-21-2009, 11:11 AM
That looks wonderful. I have a ham in the freezer I will have to try that out. And the pot of ham and beans even sounds better. tongue2

Cant wait to smoke up the meat for Christmas dinner. A prime rib and two Boston butt pork roasts! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmworthy12

Kokaholic, please participate in the "Christmas Meat" thread and show us how you prep and cook them. We love pics.

Kokaholic
12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
I will dig out the camera and take some pics of the spread before it goes on, during and after.

SuperD
04-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Easter is just around the corner. Thought I would bump this to encourage all you guys to try it if you traditionally do a ham for Easter.

SuperD
04-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Easter bump again.

Lund troller
04-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Hey just came across the mention of white bean soup with the left over ham bone .Well we just got done with Easter ham dinner and was talking about what we could do with the bone? Just wondering if you would like to share the recipe with me? Sounds really good and something different to try. Thanks