PDA

View Full Version : Ice House 12/5

jason
12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Picked Cheryl, my fishing partner up a little before 6:00 am and met some friends for fishing at Ice House. We get up there pretty much at the same time and find we are the only ones there. We launch and start trolling dodger-worm combos North East to the river inlet. Action was hit and miss throught out the day. We would get single/double hookups, than nothing for half an hour. We finally get our limit in the early afternoon and call it a day. No real dodger color worked and no more than 2 fish were caught on any single color. All fish were 10 to 12 inches. Weather was pretty good with just a little chill in the air. There was a little ice on the road heading up.

Bduck
12-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Way to catch them Jason. Ice House was one of my favorites with Loon Lake another 20mi in. But usually this time of year, I wouldn't go to much past Sly Park. I always frequented the bar there when I was finished fishing. tongue2 There are alot of good lakes up in that region. So many choices.

SuperD
12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
If you have the time, pick up breakfast burritos at Fresh Pond Station. One of the best I have had, and bigger than the fish you caught.

jason
12-08-2009, 07:06 PM
The friends who met us up there had done just that. From the size of them, I'll have to stop in next time.

jameshenrique123
06-22-2010, 07:30 AM
Ice house with loon lake is my favourite too, it's always been awesome. Once when I went there snowline was right above 6000 ft and loon lake was still covered with the ice.

HiTechKoke
06-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Don't forget Union Valley!... that is a pretty place as well. I do like Loon... only was there once though without boat but would like to get back. Tks for the report.

jason
06-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Since that December trip, We've made 5 more trips to Ice House. We have pretty much come back with limits to near limits, a combination of planters and hold overs. Today we were at Loon, picking up 2 limits. Loon is looking nice.