PDA

View Full Version : Camanche - 12/4 with the ladies

SuperD
12-04-2009, 09:37 PM
With furlough days all around, my wife, her friend Allison and I hit Camanche today. We arrived at the gate about 6:45 a.m. and were putting lines down at Hat around 7:15. We had gone an hour without a bite and the radio chatter was nothing but silence. I was thinking it might be a tough day. I started with grubs and it just wasn't happening so I switched up to spoons and bb rapalas. The hot steel pattern I found was first to draw blood, a scrapy 1.5 lber. The lure proceeded to cath the first five fish. Albeit, they were coming about every 45 minutes apart. The painter pole was also being productive early versus stuff that was right behind the boat. I was running my set backs about 150' behind the boat. We ended the day with 10 fish and this 23.5", 5 + lber was the icing on the beautiful day for us. It came about 1:00 p.m. on my hot steel spoon at 13 feet on the rigger. It was a fish I marked on the graph and just had to wait the 30 seconds for the 150' of set back to get to him. Karen got the honors of doing battle with the brute but didn't want to get bloody for the photo. ::) All in all it was a great day with the ladies on a day most were stuggling to find fish. I talked to N2trout and Kokaneemart out there today and enjoyed a little radio talk with tips and fish by fish reports.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3568/camanche1.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3766/camanche2.jpg

SmokeOnTheWater
12-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice catch of the day! Looks like a broodstock planter with the rounded tail? What's your thought? Regardless - It's still a NICE rainbow!!!

Do you gaff your fish with those aluminum telescopes or are those to retrieve your rigger weights?

Bduck
12-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice brute Karen. I think you need a shave. laugh hyst Commanche, Amador, and Pardee. Nice chain of lakes out of Sacramento. Judging from the short sleeves, California weather is cooperating and nice to have this time of year. Good going Dave, wish I could be there. fencing

SuperD
12-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Smoke, the painter poles are my version of outriggers. I get 13' out from the boat so I take about a 33' trolling swoth with each pass. Not a fan of planer boards, this has really worked for me. Camanche dumps a lot of brood stock fish in up to 10 lbs. It is a pay to play lake so that's how they keep it stocked with quality size fish.

Roger, it is foggy and freezing ass cold today. We just hit it right weather wise yesterday.

Bduck
12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
A balmy 19F with snow here. Hard water forming everywhere. violin violin