PDA

View Full Version : I have arrived

Bluknight
11-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Hello all! I've been lurking here for about year and had some problems getting registered, but I'm in now. I'm a bit nervous to join because some other forums I belong too take me away from stuff I should do already but I really enjoyed my kokanee fishing this year and can't wait for more. Figured I could learn some more here and actually contribute a bit as well.

Originally from Pittsburgh PA. Transplant resulting from military service (former) and marriage. Fishing since I was 12. Grew up trout, bass, walleye fishing. Restricted to bank and kayak fishing until last year when the wife authorized a boat! It's been awesome to say the least.

I still love my smallmouth bass fishing I'm learning in the Columbia River but I had a great time fishing kokanee in Merwin and Yale last year. Such a relaxing experience compared to the salmon fisheries. Not even sure I'm going springer fishing this year. May just start kokanee early!

Look forward to learning and sharing.

SmokeOnTheWater
11-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Welcome aboard from another PA transplant. You'll love this forum but as you say, it can be addicting and keep you away from other duties.

Bduck
12-01-2009, 10:09 AM
thumbsup A big WELCOME Bluknight thumbsup You'll find just about everything you need to know on Koke fishing here.

Kokonuts
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Glad to see another Lake Merwin Kokanee addict on the forum!
L.M. is my home starting in March , April I'll be there every chance I have!

You'll meet a lot of us up at the lake this season!...thumbsup....Kokonuts

Kokanee Killer
12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
welcome from pa thumbsup

SilverBullets
12-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Welcome aboard Bluknight!thumbsup

AFDan52
12-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Welcome BluKnight, you'll be glad that you hooked up with this group. Great bunch of Folks here and plenty good information .

ElkTalker
12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey Bluknight,

See you on the lake in April.fencing

Bluknight
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Bluknight,

See you on the lake in April.fencing

Yes you certainly will. I should have known you were over here as well. Though I only met you once I speak of you often as my first kokanee senei! Thanks for the help with getting me on some fish. My confidence is much better now. Can't wait to get back out.

MackPrince
12-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Welcome both BluKnight and ElkTalker. I'm glad you've found us.

-Mack