PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge Trip

bwhite
08-18-2008, 08:59 PM
New Member here. Im headed to Flaming Gorge this weekend. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything good or does anyone have any tips for Sheep Creek Bay? Any other coments would be helpful also. I am going to spend some time south of Buck board also, Is anywhere better than others and how deep should i start looking? I have been fishing Hideout and anvil point but am looking to explore new water. still a rookie, Thanks for any help

CurlysLures
08-18-2008, 10:16 PM
We were up there FRI-Sun and had a great time fishing. We were fishign near the ranch in 45-60 ft of water and the fish were showing up in schools on the finder. We were using Rocky Mountain Tackle dodgers trailed behind our Pink/pink, Orange Tiger, and Yellow Red Dot lures which produced quite a few kokes. It was a good time. Of course there is alot of other tackle that works well. RMT hoochies have been doing good behind there dodgers. Look at the post of the reports under flaming gorge for more info,. Good luck and tight lines

Kokaholic
08-18-2008, 10:43 PM
fish are running between 35-55 feet around buckboard south. RMT hyper plad dodger with a white or pink squid was a great combo for us.

Ryno
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Look for kokes in Sheep Creek along the red cliffs out in the main bay. Good luck.