PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 8-17-08

HiTechKoke
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Time to pop the cherry here with a California report!

Hit up Lake Berryessa yesterday with Jenna in hopes for some Berryessa slugs. It turned out to be a decent day but you had to work for them. In the end we finished with 8 Kokes and a trout and had a few LDRs along the way. We couldn't get the devil fish but we were teased by the "Golden Kokanee", see photo below. We had 3 nice Kokes in 17 1/2 to 17 7/8 class and the others were 14-16.

Fish were 50-62 and we were east of the big island and north of the Ranch house most of the day. We gave it a quick shot at the end at the dam but no Kokes were sacrificed to finish off the limit.

Fish mainly came off of RMT Assassin spinners in Pink / Purple, Pink Splatter, Pink / Chartreuse and one other on a Double Trouble Pink Tiger. Seems to me there might be a color trend in there somewhere.... I did throw a lot of other gear out there as well. Smorgasboard of scents as usual for me.

On with a few pics...

1. Jenna scores first Koke of the day....
2. I pick up a slug (California standards apply here) which was the best fish of the day at 17 7/8 and still in great shape.
3. Practicing with the FG pose that Jared tried to teach us... :-)
4. The very rare Golden Kokanee!
5. Jenna shows off our best 5 of 9

Petty4life
08-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Right on Kevin, Thanks for the Reports

Propnut69
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
WTG Kevin and Jenna. I have never heard of a golden kokanne before. Is it some kind of a hybrid??

HiTechKoke
08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Yep.. it's my nice way of referring to the green carp so I don't make any bass guys mad!