PDA

View Full Version : Spawning Kokanee

Mr. Kok
11-12-2009, 09:43 PM
This is for all you kok heads out there, my self-included. These were taken last Sunday in Mitchell Creek a tributary of Lake Stevens.

JWS
11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm gonna have to take my 3yr old down there to check that out. Do you know if they run up the creek near the park? ( cant think of the name but it's near the North end of the lake)?

smokin' Kokes
11-13-2009, 07:53 AM
thumbsupworthy12movie89586

great pictures, stuff like that gets me thru the winter to the next koke bite

Mr. Kok
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
JWS,

I think you are referring to Catherine Creek and I have never seen any Kok's spawn in that creek but there are some good-sized Coho in there right now. According to Greg at Greg's Custom Fishing Rods that some Coho navigate through Catherine Creek and actually spawn in the lake.

Tight Lines

Mr. Kok

JWS
11-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Good stuff! I'm taking my 3yr. old daughter tomorrow morning to see what we can see. I'm trying to get her interested in her daddy's love for the outdoors. So far so good, got her first bluegill this last summer!

Mr. Kok
11-14-2009, 03:17 AM
Good for you, teaching your kids about the outdoors is one of the most rewarding things you can do. Attached are a couple pictures of my daughter with an 18" rainbow she caught last month.

Bduck
11-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Good for you, teaching your kids about the outdoors is one of the most rewarding things you can do. Attached are a couple pictures of my daughter with an 18" rainbow she caught last month.

Nice catch. That must a felt like lunker to her. Once you get them past holding the slimmers, it becomes a piece of cake after that. They won't want to stay home when you are going fishing or go to school. Been there.

JWS
11-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Nice 'bow! I took my little girl this morning and she had a blast. The Koke's where there along with what looked like a few Coho?? Not sure exactly haven't seen alot of salmon that far along, really red, looked like some spots on the backs, not Chum looking at all, looked really fresh for the color they where displaying. Anyways the Kokanee where fun to watch and if any of you are looking for an easy viewing PM me and I'll let you know where we found them. Oh and wanted to take some pics but of course battery was dead in camera.

MackPrince
11-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Great thread and pics!