PDA

View Full Version : Sleeeeeezy Canyon 11-11-2009

Bduck
11-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Well, I made another trip to E. Canyon. Possibly the last trip for the year with a cold weather system moving in. Started fishing about 10am. Water temp@ 47D. Had a banner day. No matter what I used, I didn't go wrong. Caught 32 fish, mostly bows. Included was 1 Tiger trout & I couldn't believe my eyes a Koke. The last time I caught a Koke here was back in the 70's. Utah DNR quit supporting this reservoir with Kokanees in the early 90's from my understanding but I had also heard that the fish did survive. The 1st pic is a tiger trout and the 2nd is a silver bullet thumbsup. The rest are fiesty bows.

SilverBullets
11-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Way to get into em Bduck! Looks like you had a heck of a time out there...are you certain that's a koke in the 2nd picture, just asking cause the tail looks different. Usually their forked, and not rounded like that...just curios.

Bduck
11-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Way to get into em Bduck! Looks like you had a heck of a time out there...are you certain that's a koke in the 2nd picture, just asking cause the tail looks different. Usually their forked, and not rounded like that...just curios.I kept on looking at it and it didn't have the characteristics of a trout. It kept on throwing me off. If thats not a koke, then something sure transformed in that lake, then its my bad. Kokes are still surviving there. I've keep receiving reports of reds still going up the river in the spawning season.

SuperD
11-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Roger, I love the fish shots with the lures showing. If you saw the other 100 I've got, you'd die. Nice job! Where abouts is E. Canyon?

SilverBullets
11-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Roger, I love the fish shots with the lures showing. If you saw the other 100 I've got, you'd die. Nice job! Where abouts is E. Canyon?

Are you purchasing those Lyman's straight out of Canada Dave? Have you guys ever tried the Tomic Wee-Tads?

SuperD
11-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I was buying direct from Glenn when he and his wife were making them. I got to the point where I was ordering them primered and putting my own paint and patterns on them. The black & gold with glitter in one of the pictures is mine. I have not tried the wee tads but have been told they are very similiar in eradic action.

SilverBullets
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I was buying direct from Glenn when he and his wife were making them. I got to the point where I was ordering them primered and putting my own paint and patterns on them. The black & gold with glitter in one of the pictures is mine. I have not tried the wee tads but have been told they are very similiar in eradic action.

If you guys need any idea's on painting those Lymans, the www.tomiclures.com website shows the wee-tads in around 720 different paint combinations if you click on "all colors".thumbsup

Bduck
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Roger, I love the fish shots with the lures showing. If you saw the other 100 I've got, you'd die. Nice job! Where abouts is E. Canyon?Dave, E. Canyon is about 40min. away. I-84 from Ogden, take the Morgan exit and go south about 15mi. Its close when you get into one of moods where you don't feel like driving that far. Another favorite is Rockport which has bigger fish and catching them is like E. Canyon. Take east I-84 from Ogden again to I-80 split towards Salt Lake City, go past Coalville and take the Wanship exit. Can see the dam from interstate. Rockport is another 30mi past the E. Canyon turnoff. Loads of fun at both of these reservoirs. If the weather cooperates, I'm going to checkout Jordanelle Res. Its past Rockport about another 20mi. Never fished it.

SuperD
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Last Fall the wife and I drove from Provo back to 80 on I think hwy 40? We passed a few of those reservoirs. I remember getting out of the car and wondering where the boats were. Looks like you can have thos places to yourself on any given day.

Bduck
11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Last Fall the wife and I drove from Provo back to 80 on I think hwy 40? We passed a few of those reservoirs. I remember getting out of the car and wondering where the boats were. Looks like you can have thos places to yourself on any given day.HiWay 40 is off of I80 at Park City, goes right by Jordanelle and goes up to Strawberry and other reservoirs past Strawberry. In the fall, the hunters are out and the skiiers are not present. You can get on any lake without any pressure.