PDA

View Full Version : Slaughter Zone

Bduck
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I was traveling to a fishing hole early Sunday AM before sunrise and OMG, came upon this stretch of road at Mantua, Ut going east and noticed a couple of dead sheep laying on the side of the road. As I kept on traveling there was more blood splatters in the road with some deer laying on the side of the road. I must have seen about a dozen heavy blood splatters in a 3-4 mile section. This is truly a slaughter zone. It had my attention to keep an extra eye open on the side of the road for something that might wander out in the road. Its common with small animals but the one's that do heavy damage to vehicles and possible injuries to people. How many of you have ever seen this before?

Kokonuts
11-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I was hunting in Meeker Colorado a several years ago and I've never seen so many dead Deer on the side of the road between Rifle & Meeker. Bucks--- Does were all along the road for several miles. I think the big Trucks got them and never slowed down. Many more than I saw while hunting!!
.........Kokonuts

SuperD
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Kokonuts, you ever hear Ron White's bit on being a successful deer hunter? No 3,200 ft/sec bullet required. A pair of headlights and 55 mph and their yours. laugh hyst

FishHunter
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I was hunting in Meeker Colorado a several years ago and I've never seen so many dead Deer on the side of the road between Rifle & Meeker. Bucks--- Does were all along the road for several miles. I think the big Trucks got them and never slowed down. Many more than I saw while hunting!!
.........Kokonuts

I live an hour from Rifle, CO and used to travel quite often on that route to Meeker when I was guiding up there. There are more dead animals on that stretch of highway than anywhere I've ever seen. I know several people who have totaled their vehicles on that road and a co-worker and his son were almost killed when he hit a deer with his car last year (his son spent 5 months in the hospital). You have to be careful, especially this time of year with the animals coming lower to their winter ranges.