PDA

View Full Version : Bear Lake 11-08-2009

Bduck
11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Made a trip up to Bear Lake for some Cutthroat fun. This is the first time I have ever fished this lake. Water temp @ 47d. Wasn't sure of where to go so I followed another boat full of fishermen. They headed south about 3 to 4 miles and came upon an area that was stacked with fish. I must have thrown everything at those fish and got a Bear Lake Whitefish trolling a rainbow color rapala. I had to look it up in the Utah fishing guide book. A fancy name for a fish thats in my book as a sucker violin. Talked to the guys in the boat I followed out and they said the fish were abundant the day before. They caught limits on Saturday but Sunday was way slow. Watch an American Bald Eagle swoop down out in front of me for his fish. After I saw that I became jealous :o. Anyways, I packed it up for the day around 2pm. The picks that I have show how blue this lake is even when you are on top it. Its a very large and beautiful natural lake. Traveling from Logan, Ut. on Hi89 going east is one of America's scenic byways. If anyone visits Utah, this is a must see especially in the fall thumbsup.

Kokaholic
11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
If I would have known that you were going up there I would have shared a few secrets about that place with you.thumbsup Its a tough lake to catch fish on. Yes, its sure is pretty up there and also the drive up. Thats one of the reasons I have a place up there.

SmokeOnTheWater
11-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey BDuck, you missed a perfect opportunity in Logan. Albertson's was having a seafood sale, you shoulda stopped! laugh hyst

Petty4life
11-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey BDuck, you missed a perfect opportunity in Logan. Albertson's was having a seafood sale, you shoulda stopped! laugh hyst

there is no albertsons in loganlaugh hyst

Bduck
11-10-2009, 12:41 PM
If I would have known that you were going up there I would have shared a few secrets about that place with you.thumbsup Its a tough lake to catch fish on. Yes, its sure is pretty up there and also the drive up. Thats one of the reasons I have a place up there.Thanks Mark, I'll do that next time. I got caught up in the scenery from the lake view. I know to stay away during the summer.

Kokonuts
11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I've never fished the Lake but I used to hunt in the Idaho unit 76 which is just north of there. Great country with lots of Elk & Deer!.....thumbsup.....Kokonuts

SuperD
11-11-2009, 12:14 PM
The last picture looks like a good place for the back deck of my house.