PDA

View Full Version : recent kokanee catch

silverkoke
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
caught these spawners yesterday on a slip bobber and pink jig

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5299/008qh.jpg

bobco
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
that can be fun, allot more fun than snagging all though I have done both, where were you fishing?

silverkoke
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
they were caught at wolford res , no snagging at wolford and there is no need to the kokes there hit real well

rebelsportsman
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
what lakes do you usually fish. i was in buena vista this summer and we caught a lot of trout, but did not know anything about kokanee. i am bringing the boat next summer and want to learn how to catch kokanee. i just got a downrigger and will try to learn how to use it this spring on striper and sandbass.

silverkoke
11-28-2010, 01:07 PM
i fish wolford , willams fork , green mountain , shadow mountain , granby , elevenmile , antero , just to name a few

rebelsportsman
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
i know where eleven mile and antero are. do you think my boat will run ok in colorado? i have been told that it might not run in the high altitude. i plan on trying these 2 lakes, tourqoise and another lake i forgot the name of. it is between buena vista and leadville. or, and i forgot twin lakes also.

Full_Monte
02-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I changed my prop to a lower pitch for high altitude and it works much better. I'm sure some of the Colorado guys do the same and would be willing to tell you what size prop to try. You need to tell the size of the motor, the boat size, and the current prop size. It should be stamped on the body of the prop.