PDA

View Full Version : Rockport & East Canyon Reservoirs

Bduck
10-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Started my morning up at Rockport. Water temp @ 57 degrees. Trolled for 3hrs without getting 1 hit. Emptied the tackle on them but couldn't entice a bite. Lake is turning over with alot of moss particles floating around. Some areas thicker than others. Trailered boat and headed to East Canyon. First thing I noticed was this lake is turning over as well but moss particles not as bad as Rockport. Water temp @ 59 degrees. Started out using a brown trout rapala and caught a nice 1 1/2 lb rainbow. Put on a rainbow rapala on the other rig and caught another bow. Alright, the day is salvaged and not going home skunked. Ended catching a total of 7 bows. All released.

SuperD
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Nice job Roger. I'm using my Cutt lures this weekend and then I'll send you a couple to try at Strawberry.

AFDan52
10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Strawberry is turning over as well , there was a lot of moss churned up there this weekend.

Bduck
10-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Nice job Roger. I'm using my Cutt lures this weekend and then I'll send you a couple to try at Strawberry.

Looking fwd to trying new lures, Dave. Weather is changing here now with the 2nd storm that has dumped rain in the valleys & snow in the mountains. I hope it holds off some so we can still hit up some reservoirs for fish. The hunting season is going on now so there is freedom of movement on the lakes.

SuperD
10-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Roger, what color seems to be the Cutts preference at Strawberry or one of the spots you like to fish for Browns. I know the lures are good but I'll try to make the color regional if you give me an idea.