PDA

View Full Version : Merwin

MackPrince
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Fishing today was great with a limit of 15-16" kokes between 7-10:15 a.m.
Depth 3 colors early moving to 6 by 9:30.

Petty4life
08-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Fishing today was great with a limit of 15-16" kokes between 7-10:15 a.m.
Depth 3 colors early moving to 6 by 9:30.

cool we got a washington report, thanks MackPrincethumbsup

MackPrince
08-12-2008, 07:03 PM
No problem. I'm happy to represent.thumbsup

Petty4life
08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
No problem. I'm happy to represent.thumbsup

what where you using?

Woodcanoeguy
08-13-2008, 09:43 AM
I am a new poster and have only fished kok's twice but I have also had good luck at Merwin lately. Last Sunday mid morn to 1 pm, hooked 12, lost 6 at boat and took home 5.... 15-16' fat fish. Fishing at 35-40' or 35 pulls flat-lining. Green dodgers followed by green beaded spinner, corn, Kok-special flavoring. Just find the fleet of boats and join in. Ford fenders and Dick Nite spoons worked good too. I am rigging up a lite fly rod with dacron line to try as well...they sure fight nice on light tackle.

MackPrince
08-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Woody- Sounds like you've got a pretty good little system.

My general gear has been flashers or dodgers tailed by several different spinners, spoons or squid depending on my mood. Pink lures work well in the afternoon . I have not used a gang-troll this season but see them on the majority of the other rods.

I don't have sonar and fish with leadcore for consistency. I've noticed fish starting around 20 feet as the fog lifts and dropping to 40+ as the day heats up.

Finding groups of boats has pros and cons-
For instance yesterday I was first to the hole and was soon followed by 18 boats as the morning progressed. The fish then left due to noise and confusion from all the flashers. I moved down the lake and slowly the brigade came along in my direction... one red Alumaweld in particular was charging right through the pack and as I unhooked a fish and rebaited with my motor off I was forced to back up as she passed within 10 feet.

Woodcanoeguy
08-23-2008, 05:47 PM
MackPrince...have you been fishing lately ay Merwin? Last time I got skunked. It was in the hot weather but want to try tomorrow morning. Any ideas what is working lately?
thanks...Woodcaneguy

Kokonuts
09-10-2008, 06:44 PM
thumbsup...Hello Mac....I just found this forum!

I am still hard at it, fished both Merwin and Yale last weekend. Merwin was a dud & I only got two small ones at Yale which I released. The good news
( I Think) is that I located two Huge schools at Yale. They were stacked between 150 & 200ft. I have never seen so many in one school!
Sooooo I will be back at Yale this Fri. & Sat. to give it another try. My down rigger has only 125ft. of cable so will try to get some more. I am going to try some Jigs with bait this time.

Woodencanoeguy.....I met Mac on another forum & at Lake Merwin. His tip on using dodgers & squid or moochies is right on! I got a limit the first time I tryed it at Merwin!
I will be out a few more weekends at Merwin & Yale with my 18ft. Hewes,
" Shes So Fine " maybe we can hook up!..........Kokonuts

MackPrince
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Richard.