PDA

View Full Version : Ririe Aug 7,8 & 9

davefishman
08-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Went to Ririe on Thursday, Friday and Saturday last week. Each day we limited out on a brass/red wedding ring with a 3/4 oz egg weight (we don't have a down rigger) and a piece of corn.

On Saturday, we initially started out on Palisades, but we were blown off.

maghunter
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I went out Saturday morning with my Dad. We made the mistake of trying blacktail. We hooked up on three Kokanee first thing in the morning and never got one in the boat they always poped off right at the net. There was alot of fish on the fishfinder at 30 feet but we couldn't hook up to save our lifes. I tried every color wedding ring made and several other rigs and nothing seemed to work. I did catch three nice perch with a pink flatfish and an orange dodger? Who would have thought. Any ways thanks for the report I am going to head to the Ririe side this weekend and try and redeem myself. Are they starting to turn color yet?

davefishman
08-14-2008, 08:41 AM
They are starting to turn, but the vast majority are still silver.

Lunkerhunter2
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
You need to give RMT a try. We have been killing the kokes everywhere we fish in UT with them.

davefishman
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
What is an RMT and where can I get one?

Petty4life
08-20-2008, 05:25 PM
What is an RMT and where can I get one?

RMT is Rocky Mountain Tackle company. It is a tackle company that is about 3yrs old and is on the cutting edge of kokanee fishing they have uv and glow squids, spoons, and Signature series dodgers. Awesome stuff you can check out there stuff at www.rockymountaintackle.com

davefishman
08-20-2008, 10:08 PM
So can you buy these items anywhere besides the web?

Petty4life
08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
sportsmans warehouse

FishHunter
08-21-2008, 11:17 AM
The Sportsmans Warehouse where I live recently started carrying RMT products, which has been a great bonus for me. They are pretty limited in what they carry, for example, they only have about 5 different colors in the dodgers and squid. However, like everything else in the store, they are constantly out of stock. Since they changed their inventory system a year or two ago it has been hit and miss with things they will have in the store. Out of the 100 types of fishing line they carry, this store has only carried about fifteen since June. Lures are the same way. The only thing left on the shelves is crap people won't buy, which forces me to buy a lot of stuff online. Hopefully the stores in Utah are much better and you will have better luck finding everything you need.