PDA

View Full Version : Closing Out The Season

Bduck
09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Got to the Gorge Monday afternoon. On the drive up, its was like rush hour traffic coming out from mountain View, Wy. to Manila, Ut. Reminded me of Sunday evening traffic from Reno to Sacramento. Water was a little choppy so decided to wait until next morning to hit it hard. Did most of fishing south of the pipeline. Used luhr jenson prism dodger with RMT UV Pearlscent squid, pink curly lure on first day. Caught a couple of nice keepers and some smaller kokes that needed to grow some more. Also got some lakers and a rainbow that wanted part of the action. Late in the afternoon on closing day, trolled to the pipeline. Wife lost 3 consecutive hook-ups and got the 4th in but it was a laker pup. Now that the season is closed, its time to do some off season maintenance, rebuild some tackle, and do some local trips to nearby lakes just to stay in tune. Just a couple of pics with Kokes & Lakers. A beautiful sunrise thrown in.

HiTechKoke
09-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Nice way to close the season!

Propnut69
09-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Well Rodger at least you were out there giving the fish,something to chase after.I haven't been to the gorge in the last three weeks . This was a odd year to say the least. Usually this is my favorite time of year,cool mornings, warm afternoons,the crowds are starting to thin out on the lake. Hopefully when the water cools down a little the bows and the browns will want to play.

halojm
09-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Nice job Rodger. I also plan on hitting a few local lakes in the next couple of weeks. It's amasing how easy it is to catch fish when Jason isn't on board. LOLlaugh hyst

Propnut69
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Nice job Rodger. I also plan on hitting a few local lakes in the next couple of weeks. It's amasing how easy it is to catch fish when Jason isn't on board. LOLlaugh hyst

laugh hystlaugh hyst funny stuff Rob,,,

SilverBullets
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Another great report Bduck, sure did enjoy reading about your fishing adventures this year...thanks for taking us along! thumbsup

Petty4life
09-11-2009, 10:55 AM

thats why im selling my boat and buying a golf cart:mad:

SuperD
09-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Roger, how late is Strawberry fishable? If we come out to see the kids in early Nov., can we still get on the water anywhere?

Petty4life
09-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Roger, how late is Strawberry fishable? If we come out to see the kids in early Nov., can we still get on the water anywhere?

strawberry is at its best late oct early novemberthumbsup

Bduck
09-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Agree with Petty. I haven't fished it from a boat that late but from the bank & it was OK. Have heard others done very well trolling. Its going to be cold.

Kokaholic
09-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Very nice Roger. Its simply amazing the transformation those fish do over the coarse of the summer into early fall

Kokanee Killer
09-13-2009, 10:44 PM
nice spawner duck, hey wanna to a trade a trip?? you put me into kokes out west and i will put you into our erie trib steelhead ,, they are starting to run as we speak and our season is just gettin underway,the steel are in the tribs till april most years,,got lots of vaca time and a 9yr old who loves to fishthumbsup

Bduck
09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
nice spawner duck, hey wanna to a trade a trip?? you put me into kokes out west and i will put you into our erie trib steelhead ,, they are starting to run as we speak and our season is just gettin underway,the steel are in the tribs till april most years,,got lots of vaca time and a 9yr old who loves to fishthumbsupI'll be more than happy to put you in my boat. Also like the idea joining up with you for your season. For now I'll have to stay local so I can get preperations set straight so I can retire from my job. Hopefully next year. We have the challenge already in motion for next season at the Gorge. It would be a good time for you meet alot of outstanding guys & gals. I can hold an open spot on my boat for ya. ;)