PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mesa Jiggin kokes

bobco
09-09-2009, 10:23 PM
a couple of friends wanted to go jigging at blue Mesa. I have been kind off on the idea this year, bumbers boat and rude fisherman turned me off first time out this year. went out Saturday and fought the crowds, Kevin about lost it when the first pontoon boat came in on us at ramming speed, just another day jigging on Blue, ended up with 23 fish all in nice shape yet. fish were at 80-110' had some schools 40' thick at times. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/robsch/koke.jpg http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/robsch/donkev.jpg despite all the drama we had a great day on the lake.thumbsup btw theese fish are stocked directly into the lake and do not succesfully spawn according to the CDOW, so harvesting them is a good thing.

Kokanee Killer
09-09-2009, 10:59 PM
awesome nice catch were they mostly red or still silvery or in between. we catch them the same way,, also how big was the avg sized koke ???

wallhead
09-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Well Done!! New To Jig Fishing For Kokes,
How About A Photo Of The Jigs And Size Used. Thank You, Wallhead

bobco
09-10-2009, 08:20 AM
fish are in great shape yet, just getting a red tint, meat is all good yet but a couple of weeks it will be different story, they are all around 19-22 inchs 2.5-3.5lbers as for jig croppled herrings or 1 oz kastmaster, nothing fancy. tipped with corn or gulp maggots.

HiTechKoke
09-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Those are some real slugs! Great job.

SilverBullets
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Great report bobco... those kokes must have hit like a ton of bricks!! Were you jigging right off the bottom, or going after suspended fish?

bobco
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Great report bobco... those kokes must have hit like a ton of bricks!! Were you jigging right off the bottom, or going after suspended fish?some where on the bottom, but most suspended over 190' of water, they like that spot for some reason, actually they hit real lite, kind of pecking at the corn, you get one chance set the HOOK!!

wallhead
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM
fish Are In Great Shape Yet, Just Getting A Red Tint, Meat Is All Good Yet But A Couple Of Weeks It Will Be Different Story, They Are All Around 19-22 Inchs 2.5-3.5lbers As For Jig Croppled Herrings Or 1 Oz Kastmaster, Nothing Fancy. Tipped With Corn Or Gulp Maggots.

Thanks For Insight , Wallhead

Kokaholic
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Very nice my friend. Tell Don he needs to get a hair cut and clean up. laugh hyst

bobco
09-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Very nice my friend. Tell Don he needs to get a hair cut and clean up. laugh hyst
fat chance of that , hippy lawyer :) laugh hyst

Kokaholic
09-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Has he got Marijuana legalized in Colorado yet? Hell that state is getting like Cali.

Bduck
09-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Man, thats a nice group Kokes. It does get hectic with other boaters that get rude. Had a confrontation of my own with one at the Gorge last wed. I guess they own the lake. Anyways, good job catching those slabs.

FishHunter
09-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Great job bobco thumbsup I was going to go down last week, but my friend had to leave town unexpectedly and my boat still isn't fixed from my last trip.

It is a lot like bumper boats this time of year at Blue and can get dangerous with guys not paying attention to other boats. I've seen boats come in on top of other boats and hitting each other; guys reeling in kokes across the bows of other boats; yelling matches, etc... fencing

Kokekook
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Great catch! Do you know if anyone is doing any good at Clear Creek? We are going in a couple of weeks and haven't heard good or bad. If no good at Clear we'll go on to Twin Lakes. Any reports there?
Thanks for any info,
Kokekook