PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 8-30-09

HiTechKoke
09-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Fished Berryessa on Sunday with my first mate to see if we could find some late season Kokanee. We weren't disappointed but we had to work for them and in the end we managed 7 nice fish in the box and had other opportunities as well to finish a full limit so I can't complain. No Hogs just some nice 14-16 inch Males getting ready to spawn later and a decent King too. Fish were 55 to 70 feet and we fished from Skier's Cove to Big Island. The fish bit on the Purple U.V. Apex and a pink Hoochie for most of the action.

The weather was great till about mid-day and then the wind came up and we had to seek some calmer water for a while before we pulled the plug. There were only about 7 boats out there overall fishing and the ramp wasn't bad at Markley as they split the docks to two ramps and somebody was managing them from the top which made it nice.

Here's some of the Bounty and a little video to go along with it to document the adventure...

The day has to start off with a good pre-dawn photo..

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QhsKMU8Rwio/Sp9XCSe89-I/AAAAAAAACmM/dTjz6EsgTEY/s800/IMG_2631.JPG

A productive day in the end...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QhsKMU8Rwio/Sp9XO2UUnNI/AAAAAAAACmk/oYf1acE99nc/s800/IMG_2655.JPG

Here's the video link of the adventure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuU5U6PuzUI

Kevin

Full_Monte
09-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi Kevin,

Great report! On our last outing, the fish that did bite were very sneaky about it, managing to perfect the art of corn stealing. I could barely tell when there was a bite, and often trolled around with no corn on the hooks.

Did you get a new downrigger or two? They don't look like Scottys. What do you think of them?

HiTechKoke
09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks Monte - no new downriggers, just the two Scotty's and the Walker. Try some bells on the rods... People make fun of them but you'll hear the occasional tap or short strike.

SilverBullets
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Great report HiTech! Good to hear the Apex is still producing for you. thumbsup

Fallriverguy
09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Anther great report and video. Winter is going to be long without your videos to watch.

binthere50
09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Your Daughter has so much game it's amazing!....Great video, again!......
I have 2 Daughters but they are not cut from the same cloth as Jenna!
Congrats!...........Mike

S.S. Fireball
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Great catch, some quality size.

Looks like you were working the narrows and the mouth to the main body of the lake. Is that correct? Any other productive areas? Reports in the Press Democrat indicate that some fish are headed west.

HiTechKoke
09-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Tks for the comments from everyone.

Our most productive area was Skier's cove on the outside just going back and forth past it. A few near the big island as well. There were marks inbetween all that water but also a lot of dead water. A lot of guys fished the opening from the narrows to the main body but I don't really know how they did. The video was pointing to the west of Skier's. The limit pictures were taken at the dam just because that's where some flat water was on the way in that wasn't skier infested.

Kevin